Library Technical Assistant at Divine Mercy University
This is responsible clerical and technical work involving academic support services in the Mary S. Thelen Library of Divine Mercy University. Work involves responsibility for a variety of technical procedures, copy cataloging, maintaining administrative records and files, and complex clerical and typing work.
● Education: B.A. or B.S. from a regionally accredited college or university;
● Demonstrated knowledge and experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint;
● Experience filing, materials/documents organization;
● Prior customer service and/or work providing services (preferably in an academic setting);
● Demonstrated experience using Internet and/or online database searching; and
● Ability to use and troubleshoot computer hardware/software.
● Two years library-related experience or current graduate student enrolled in an accredited Library Science Program pursuing master’s degree in Library Science, or similar degree; and
● Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, theology, or philosophy.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities Est. % Time
Learning Technologies/Resources Support
● Providing support for the Canvas Learning Management System
● Providing support for learning resources which are integrated within the Canvas LMS.
● Providing assistance with and managing Zoom accounts for faculty and staff
● Providing assistance with electronic setup for classroom use (onsite and online), and equipment for student use. 45%
● Processing library materials for circulation, fines, etc.
● Maintaining the library collections and facility (shelving, shelf reading, re-shelving, etc.) using the Library of Congress Classification system.
● Retrieving materials from restricted collections.
● Assisting patrons in locating, borrowing, and returning materials; and in using library equipment and resources.
● Locating materials/information for patrons using the Integrated Library System, Library of Congress Classification system, the Internet, and other electronic resources
● Preparing and maintaining collection lists, records, and files.
● Answering inquiries of a non-professional nature and refers inquiries requiring professional assistance to a librarian.
● Collecting and reporting data about patrons as well as library and learning support resource and material usage.
● Supervising student assistants 45%
Other Duties as Required or Assigned 10%
Total effort 100%
CERTIFICATIONS OR LICENSES: None required
● Ability to lifts up to 60 pounds, on occasion;
● Ability to pull or push cart weighing more than 100 pounds.
● Available to work flexible hours, including weekdays, evenings, and weekends
● Able and available to open and close the library.
REPORTS TO: Library Director
Part-time, 20 hours per week, paid hourly.
EFFECTIVE DATE: November 1, 2018
Please send resume and cover letter via email to Jeffrey Elliott, Director of Library Services, firstname.lastname@example.org