Front Royal, VA
(Full Time, Exempt: Salary Commensurate with Experience)
Reports to: Director of Marketing Communications
BFOQ: The position has a bona fide occupational qualification: the candidate must be a Catholic in good standing and possess knowledge of the Catholic Faith – its teaching, beliefs, practices, liturgy, structure, and protocol. The position also requires a complete understanding of Catholic Church teaching on life and family issues, to which HLI faithfully adheres. The candidate must sign HLI’s Non-Disclosure Agreement and Statement of Faith.
Position Summary: The Senior Content Developer works in a team environment to expand Human Life International’s exposure within the pro-life community, utilizing all appropriate Pro-Life Advocate Relations tools and communication sources. The candidate must be able to self-manage, as well as function at a high level within a matrix environment, by working directly with the Executive Team and various departments of the organization. This position requires excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines. Knowledge of the WordPress website platform is required.
Some travel may be required.
- Gathering all mission-related news, reports, and stories from HLI’s mission field and communicating them to HLI supporters. This will include:
o Tracking mission events (through an editorial calendar) in order to communicate upcoming, current, and past mission work.
o Collecting reports and stories from HLI’s mission field. Sometimes reports and stories will be sent from HLI’s missionaries, and sometimes they will need to be actively pursued.
o Writing about upcoming events, events as they are happening, and completed events.
o Editing reports when they are sent from the mission field.
o Creating video narratives of the stories and reports to be published on social media and HLI’s website.
- Primary Outlets for Mission Communications:
o HLI’s monthly print newsletter, Mission Report. Managing the process of putting this newsletter together, selecting content to be included, editing content, and writing content. This does not include layout and design of the newsletter, though skills in this area will be a plus.
o HLI’s online content. Writing, editing, and posting mission stories and reports.
o HLI’s Social Media Channels. Sharing articles that are posted to HLI’s website. Creating and posting video messages related to HLI’s mission work.
- Working with the Director of Marketing Communications, coordinating HLI’s social media efforts utilizing Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc., and maintaining an active presence on these channels.
- Managing and editing written content produced by HLI staff, freelance writers, Regional Directors, and Affiliates/Associates for publication in HLI communications.
- Maintaining an on-going dialogue with HLI’s Regional Directors and Affiliates/Associates to ensure maximum exposure of HLI’s grassroots mission activities around the world.
- Collaborating with Development and Marketing Directors on print advertising and marketing programs.