About Leadership Institute
The Leadership Institute is a 501(c3) organization that was founded in 1979 by its president, Morton C. Blackwell. LI provides training in campaigns, fundraising, grassroots organizing, youth politics, and communications.
The Institute teaches conservatives of all ages how to succeed in politics, government, and the media. Since its founding, LI has trained more than 200,000 conservative activists, leaders, and students.
About the Opening
LI seeks a friendly, detailed-oriented, and organized individual with the highest levels of personal integrity to serve as Assistant Controller. The Assistant Controller supports the organization in a variety of accounting and control functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, managing corporate cards, coding audits, and bookkeeping.
The person we are looking for is a servant leader, a team player, and a “doer”, who is motivated by the Institute’s mission to form the next generation of conservative leaders.
This position is based in our Arlington, VA office; remote applicants will not be considered.
- Prepare daily deposits, oversee daily donation caging, and post receivable entries to the ERP system
- Track bequests and other restricted gifts
- Execute twice-weekly accounts payable
- Serve as point of contact for all questions regarding invoices and payment status
- Coordinate LI staff to ensure expenses are coded and submitted monthly with supervisor approval
- Audit expenses to ensure compliance with LI policies
- Post expenses to the ERP system
- Conduct a monthly audit of all accounting entries to ensure compliance with internal coding guidelines
- Assist Controller with day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting functions
- Serve as project coordinator for the implementation of a new expense management software
- Serve as project coordinator for the creation and implementation of a donor-advised fund (DAF) marketing program
- 1 year in a professional office environment, internships will be considered
- Highest levels of personal integrity
- Highly detailed-oriented
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Alignment with and passion for the mission of the Leadership Institute
- BA in Accounting or 2+ years of experience in accounting
- Knowledge of accounting best practices and procedures, including generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP)
- CPA designation a plus but by no means a requirement
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your interest in the position and organization
- Salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Network Engagement Strategist at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.