Fall River, MA
The Diocese of Fall River is seeking a Director of Adult & Child Discipleship to join our team at the Chancery Office in Fall River, MA. We are seeking a self-motivated and team-orientated individual of high integrity, who possesses a great work ethic and is passionate about fulfilling “Christ’s work on earth” and taking up our Diocesan call to rebuild in faith and hope.
The Diocese of Fall River is standing on the threshold of a life-changing chapter in its 116-year history and we are looking for someone who is driven to be an integral part of this exciting team. The Diocese of Fall River, established on March 12, 1904, serves Southeastern Massachusetts, Cape Cod and the Islands, and covers 1,194 square miles. This Catholic community is divided
into five territories or deaneries; has 130 entities, such as schools, nursing homes, and cemeteries and 288,000 persons who worship in 80 parishes and 11 mission churches.
The Director of Adult & Child Discipleship is a full-time position and will report to the Senior Director, Faith Formation, Youth, Young Adult and Family Life Ministries, focusing primarily on families, parents, adult formation, and those who minister to them. This position will aid our office in its mission to work with the Diocese of Fall River’s parishes, personnel, and agencies to evangelize and form engaged disciples for Christ.
Our office’s vision is to transform the culture by being a leader in effective evangelization, transformative catechesis, and relational outreach that leads people to Christ and His Church.
● Develop a comprehensive approach on the Diocesan level that supports, provides resources, and fosters engagement for parish child and family formation, Baptism preparation, Communion preparation, adult formation, and RCIA
● Create pathways and initiatives that help the Diocese and parishes develop a culture of intentional discipleship for families and adults
● Present and develop models that focus on family faith formation, the Domestic Church, and bridging the gap between the reception of Baptism and 1st Communion
● Present and develop models that focus on evangelizing, engaging, and forming parents as the primary educators of the faith
● Aid parishes in crafting and launching adult formation initiatives and RCIA teams where there currently is none, while supporting those where they do exist
● Provide direct assistance and ongoing support to Pastors, Directors of Religious Education/Children’s Ministry, RCIA Coordinators, and other relevant parish personnel
● Develop resources and training opportunities, including continuing education, workshops, written materials, and electronic resources, for those who work in evangelizing and forming families, parents, adults and/or non-Catholics
● Organize Diocesan programs/events for children, parents, and adults, including aiding with the Diocesan Women and Men’s Conference
● Oversee and evaluate current Diocesan programs, including Adult Confirmation preparation
● Aid the Office in developing strategic planning, annual goals and adhering to its mission and vision, especially in regards to its work for and with families, parents, and adults
● Collaborate with the Office’s other Directors to create a holistic approach to evangelization and catechesis
● Aid the Office in growing its communications plan to be a better means of evangelization, especially as it relates to information and initiatives geared toward parents and families. This includes leveraging the website, working with social media, and developing live/virtual shows or podcasts
● Incorporating the needs and perspectives of different ethnic groups and those with disabilities in all programming, as well as aiding parishes at doing the same
● Create benchmarks and metrics that define success and effectiveness in family and adult formation; leverage those to report on status and successes.
● Develop and maintain a database that can measure trends, outcomes, and effectiveness of the Diocesan family and adult programs
● Represent the Diocese in professional organizations supporting child/family catechesis and adult ministry
● Master’s Degree in Theology, Religious Education or related field
● Three to five years of related experience
● Deep faith and personal commitment to the life of the Catholic Church, and a desire to teach and communicate with others
● In-depth knowledge of the Catholic Church, its mission, teachings, structures, and ministerial life
● Creative and forward-thinking, with the ability to translate best practices and data-driven trends into practical ministry
● Demonstrated leadership and organizational ability, skills, and desire for collaboration, together with the ability to take initiative and work independently
● Strong communication skills, both written and oral; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of groups
● In-depth knowledge and skills with social media, web, and digital content production
● Must be detailed-oriented, able to handle multiple priorities, and work in a deadline-driven environment
● Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
● Knowledge and skills to do research, writing, and prepare formational materials and programs; ability to organize, conduct, and evaluate formation programs
● Ability to do long-range planning and project management
● Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite of products
● Ability to work regularly in the field and travel independently throughout the Diocese
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive employee benefits program including medical and dental insurance, vision, 403(b) plan, group term life, and AD&D insurance, short-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and a generous paid time off policy.
As part of the interview process, three professional references and a letter of recommendation from an applicant’s Pastor will be requested.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Michelle Bertoldi, Human Resources Manager, Confidential Fax: (508) 689-7920; Email: email@example.com; Mail: Diocese of Fall River, The Chancery, 450 Highland Avenue, Fall River, MA 02720.
Equal Opportunity Employer