Front Royal, VA
John Paul the Great Montessori Academy’s Mission is to work hand in hand with parents to provide a nurturing, beautiful, and rural environment that allows each child to develop spiritually, mentally, socially, and physically. Our education is rooted in the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd and Theology of the Body so that we can prepare the next generation to be a light in the darkness. Our academic program is an authentic Catholic Montessori approach using hands-on materials with mixed age groups that allows for each child to progress and be challenged at their own pace while learning how to work within a community.
John Paul the Great Montessori Academy is seeking a Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) Level I trained Catechist interested in teaching in a Catholic Montessori Primary Environment. The class size would be 10-15 students as the Academy enters its second year.
The Atrium environment would have around 5-7 students each morning. Currently, our Primary is all day from 8:15am-3:30pm: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The Level I Atrium would be offered 3 mornings a week with the potential to offer 5 morning sessions if more hours are needed.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills/traits:
- A college degree
- CGS Level I Training
- Teaching experience
- Passionately and faithfully Catholic
- Dynamic, inviting, and engaging personality, ability to make educational materials accessible and interesting to students
- Excellent written and oral communication skills between all stakeholders
- Clean background check and driving record
- Desire to grow in the knowledge of the Montessori method
- Extreme flexibility and patience
- A strong love of the child
- Desire to be a part of a new school with a developing program
August 23, 2021 –part-time work setting up the Atrium Environment with other staff
Program Begins Sept. 7, 2021 – May 27, 2022
Atrium hours: 8:45am-11:45am
To be determined on experience and role fulfillment
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leading, observing, guiding, supervising, and assessing children while they learn in the Catholic Montessori environment
- Developing lesson plans, independent learning exercises, curricula, and methods that cater to the needs of the individual child.
- Updating records and handling various other administrative tasks
- Collaborating with the Primary Guide and Assistant to promote the learning of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
- Will assist in the set up the Atrium environment
Job performance reviews will be conducted on a semester basis and Catechists are expected to meet monthly with the Lead Primary Guide whom they report to directly.
Head of School