Front Royal, VA
John Paul the Great Montessori Academy’s Mission is to work hand in hand with parents to provide a nurturing, beautiful, and rural environment that allows each child to develop spiritually, mentally, socially, and physically. Our education is rooted in the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd and Theology of the Body so that we can prepare the next generation to be a light in the darkness. Our academic program is an authentic Catholic Montessori approach using hands-on materials with mixed age groups that allows for each child to progress and be challenged at their own pace while learning how to work within a community.
John Paul the Great Montessori Academy is seeking an individual interested in teaching in a Catholic Montessori Elementary Environment. JPGMA is in its second year with a thriving Elementary community. The Elementary is a mixed age group from 6 – 12 years. This is a unique position to work with trained Montessori educators. No previous Montessori experience is required. Previous traditional teaching experience is preferred.
The Academy is willing to sponsor an online training course in Montessori Elementary Education.
This is a full-time, 40 hour/week position, also requiring after-school participation in dismissal and extra-curricular activities. School events in the evenings and weekend activities are also required as necessary. JPGMA takes its calling of student education and formation very seriously, and expects all staff to be available to fulfill any needs that may arise throughout the school year in their service.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills/traits:
- A college degree
- Teaching experience
- Passionately and faithfully Catholic
- Dynamic, inviting, and engaging personality, ability to make educational materials accessible and interesting to students
- Excellent written and oral communication skills between all stakeholders
- Ability to lead students as a subject Guide more so than an authoritative teacher
- Ability to provide project-based learning through relationship-based teaching
- Clean background check and driving record
- Desire to grow in the knowledge of the Montessori method and to apply that knowledge to the classical liberal arts
- Extreme flexibility and patience
- A strong love of the child
- Desire to be a part of a new school with a developing program
August 23, 2021 –part-time work setting up the Elementary Environment with other staff
Program Begins Sept. 7, 2021 – May 27, 2022
To be determined on experience and role fulfillment
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Will teach on multiple subjects and multiple grade levels.
- Will collaborate with other teachers and submit for approval lesson plans every 6 weeks.
- Will work directly with the Head of the Elementary in establishing record keeping and will submit records in a timely manner.
- Will communicate regularly with the Head of the Elementary on student performance.
- Will participate in overseeing drop-off, pick-up, and recess during the school week as assigned.
- Will assist in the set up the Elementary environments
- Will spend time each semester observing in other environments, classrooms, and other subjects
Job performance reviews will be conducted on a semester basis, and Elementary teachers are expected to meet monthly with the Head of Elementary whom they report to directly.
Head of School
NAMC’s Early Childhood Montessori Diploma Program
NAMC (North American Montessori Center) is an online Montessori Training Center that offers training for Early Childhood ages 3-6 years old at any time during the year.
Maria Montessori believed that in the time of the absorbent mind (birth–6 years), the joy of learning is more evident and effortless than perhaps at any other stage of life. Through natural curiosity, the child absorbs information, assimilates it with his senses, and constructs his own knowledge.
The Montessori method of education gives children ages 3–6 unique opportunities to learn more thoroughly, quickly, and efficiently through experience, guidance, and practice. The Montessori educator is the dynamic link to the environment, providing a peaceful, ordered, caring context to support learning and advancement of the skills inherently being sharpened at this important period of development. All roads point toward independence and active connection to the world.
NAMC’s Montessori Early Childhood Diploma Program embraces this philosophy and prepares you to be a knowledgeable and compassionate Montessori educator. Working with our outstanding curriculum manuals and resources provides you with a strong understanding of Montessori philosophy and methodology as it relates to children in the 3–6 age range. NAMC’s training fully prepares you to confidently guide and enrich the lives of children in the Montessori early childhood environment.
How the Program Works:
You can complete this seven-month program from the comfort of your home and you will receive all the support and guidance you need from a knowledgeable, experienced Montessori teacher trainer.
NAMC includes everything you will need to successfully complete your diploma program. You will be well-prepared for your teaching career with six professionally-developed, full-color Montessori manuals, curriculum support material, checklists, and demonstration videos. This is a unique and beneficial feature of all of NAMC’s programs.
Commit as little as four hours per week to your studies, earn your Montessori 3–6 diploma in seven months, and start a rewarding and challenging career.
Graduates of this program are awarded with a North American Montessori Center Teaching Diploma for Early Childhood. This diploma recognizes the student’s achievement in the program focused on the theory and practice of the Montessori method of education for children 2.8 to 6 years of age. You will receive your NAMC international Montessori teaching diploma by courier within one month of successfully completing the program. For further information about the program please go to the link below: