Front Royal, VA
John Paul the Great Montessori Academy’s Mission is to work hand in hand with parents to provide a nurturing, beautiful, and rural environment that allows each child to develop spiritually, mentally, socially, and physically. Our education is rooted in the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd and Theology of the Body so that we can prepare the next generation to be a light in the darkness. Our academic program is an authentic Catholic Montessori approach using hands-on materials with mixed age groups that allows for each child to progress and be challenged at their own pace while learning how to work within a community.
John Paul the Great Montessori Academy is seeking an individual interested in assisting in a Catholic Montessori Primary Environment. The class size would be 10-15 students as the Academy enters its second year. It could be 3-5 days a week depending on how the program grows. Currently, our Primary is all day 8:15am-3:30pm : Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
The Academy will sponsor an online training course on how to assist in a Primary environment. No previous Montessori experience is necessary.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills/traits:
- A college degree
- Teaching experience
- Passionately and faithfully Catholic
- Dynamic, inviting, and engaging personality, ability to make educational materials accessible and interesting to students
- Excellent written and oral communication skills between all stakeholders
- Clean background check and driving record
- Desire to grow in the knowledge of the Montessori method
- Extreme flexibility and patience
- A strong love of the child
- Desire to be a part of a new school with a developing program
August 23, 2021 –part-time work setting up the Environment with help from a trained Guide.
Program Begins Sept. 7, 2021 – May 27, 2022
To be determined on experience and role fulfillment
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting the Primary Guide in planning, preparing and delivering Language lessons and the instructional materials that facilitate active learning;
- Monitoring and assisting Primary Students in going from room to room;
- Assisting in organizing materials and cleaning the workspace to facilitate the learning process for each child
- Assisting in monitoring students in the use of learning materials and equipment;
- Will communicate regularly with the Head of the Primary on student performance.
- Will participate in overseeing drop off, pick up, and recess during the school week as assigned.
- Will assist in the set up the Primary environments
- Will spend time each semester observing in other environments, classrooms, and other subjects
Job performance reviews will be conducted on a semester basis, and Primary Assistants are expected to meet monthly with the Lead Primary Guide whom they report to directly.
Head of School