Applications are being accepted for a faculty position in our Theology Department, beginning August 1, 2021. Highest priority is given to candidates with teaching experience at the secondary level.
St. John XXIII College Preparatory is an independent, co-educational, Catholic high school, located in the greater Houston suburb of Katy, Texas. Founded in 2001, our mission rests on Four Pillars which reflect the papacy of our patron, Pope St. John XXIII. This is accomplished by forming students into men and women of character, equipping them to be successful in this life through rigorous academic study, and by fostering a love for Christ with an identity rooted in Him.
Working at St. John XXIII College Preparatory requires a commitment to the mission of the school, as well as an enthusiasm for contributing to its co-curricular programs.
Our school complies with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and considers reasonable accommodations that may be necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Willingness to support and live out the values of the Gospel as taught and proclaimed by the Roman Catholic Church, as an example to the community.
- Contribute to ensuring that the Pillars of the school’s mission, oboedientia, pax, virtus, and renovati are developed within the school community.
- Willingness to share one’s faith journey as appropriate.
- Demonstrate a dedication to the Church’s call for a new evangelization and the cultivation of discipleship with one’s students.
- Close cooperation with Campus Ministry through its retreat and Works of Mercy programs.
- Close cooperation with the Chaplain in promoting a regular sacramental and prayer life.
- Prepare and teach multiple sections of Theology classes as assigned.
- Collaborate with colleagues on Theology curriculum, instruction, and assessments.
- Hold regular office hours and meet with students in need of assistance.
- Review and grade students’ work in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with parents, counselors, and administrators, ensuring student success.
- Pursuit of professional growth opportunities.
- Fulfill periodic substitution and supervision duties as necessary.
- Commitment to pray for one’s students and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Catholic Theology.
- Teacher Licensure/Certification, or twelve (12) credit hours in education coursework.
- A practicing Catholic in good standing – willing to adhere to the Church’s teaching on faith and morals.
- Teaching experience at the secondary level.
- Ability to implement a range of pedagogies regarding classroom management.
- Experience with educational technologies and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Master’s degree in Catholic Theology.
- Catholic secondary school teaching experience.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds, using proper lifting techniques.
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or move around the classroom and campus as needed.
- Ability to use a keyboard (or an alternative input device) and other office equipment.
- Ability to read information in printed material and on a computer screen, often for extended periods of time.
- This position is classified as – Regular Full-Time.
- This position is eligible for the employee benefits package.
To Apply: Please send resume, and cover letter to HR@sj23lions.org with “Theology Teacher” in the subject line of the email.