Front Royal, VA
Full Job Description
Position Title: Donor Relations Assistant
Reports to: Trained and managed by the Assistant Director. Also tasked by the Executive Director and Marketing Specialist/WFL Lead, as coordinated with the Assistant Director.
Job Classification: Full Time (forty-hour week expectation). The position could begin as part-time initially, if necessary.
Organization: Front Royal Pregnancy Center (frontroyalpregnancy.org)
Position Availability: To be filled as soon as the right candidate applies.
The Donor Relations Assistant provides office support for the FRPC’s fundraising and supporter development projects. The primary responsibilities of the position involve handling donation processing and physical mailings in order to keep the day to day processes completed and recorded consistently.
The Donor Relations Assistant will be responsible for processing, recording, and managing receipts for all monetary donations to the FRPC. The Donor Relations Assistant implements donor recognition procedures, maintaining frequent communication with supporters, utilizes the organization’s donor management database, and performs donor-related data entry.
In addition, the Donor Relations Assistant will assist the team in maintaining and developing relationships with supporters, as tasked by the Executive Director and Assistant Director.
For part of the year, the Donor Relations Assistant will play a significant role in the implementation of the annual Walk for Life fundraiser, as tasked by the WFL Lead.
Lastly, the Donor Relations Assistant will assist in a wide variety of tasks as assigned by the Executive Director and Assistant Director, to help Center operations run smoothly. This may include anything from running errands and cleaning the office to implementing small fundraising campaigns.
The Donor Relations Assistant primarily receives tasks from the Assistant Director but also works closely with the Executive Director and Marketing Specialist and handles their tasks as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Process and receipt monetary donations, ensuring detailed and complete record-keeping.
- Prepare bank deposits and keep the corresponding records.
- Assist supporters with automatic payments or update donor information in the donor database.
- Ensure bulk mailing projects are completed by handling in-house printing, coordinating volunteers to fold and prepare mailings.
- Work with FRPC staff to maintain relationships with supporters through email and phone call correspondence, including composing thank you notes according to donor recognition policy.
- Assist the WFL Lead with planning and implementation of the WFL fundraising event and coordinate with contacts at organizations, in addition to the bulk work of processing the fundraiser donations.
- Assist with planning and implementation of supporter recognition events, potentially hosting small supporter appreciation events.
- Work on a variety of special projects and one-time tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Strong interest in the mission of the FRPC, a crisis pregnancy medical clinic.
- Follow the ethical standards, statement of faith and policy of the FRPC.
- Compassion for FRPC clients facing crises, financial difficulties, or other challenges.
- Ability to handle donor and client information according to confidentiality policies.
- Detail-oriented, recording and sharing details thoroughly and accurately.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in FRPC supporters and ability to communicate in a personable, comfortable manner.
- Aptitude for learning database software programs.
- Steady ability to handle long and tedious projects consistently.
- Willingness to receive and complete assignments given by other staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree preferred.
Some flexibility in work schedule. Starting full-time employees receive two weeks of PTO for vacation, sick days or other time off. Policies include additional time off for certain scenarios such as maternity leave. In addition, full-time employees receive eleven organization-designated holidays, fully paid.
The Front Royal Pregnancy Center does not currently offer a health care plan or 401K plan.
All compensation may be subject to deductions for taxes and other withholdings as required by law or organization policies. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change.
Expectations, Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
This position is expected to work the in the FRPC office, in Front Royal, VA. Teleworking may be available on occasion, if approved for the specific day requested.
This position is expected to work a forty-hour week, Mon-Fri. The start and end of the workday may be determined in conversation with the Executive Director and Assistant Director. This position will need to be available to work occasionally on weekends or evenings, though this will not be frequent.
This position will primarily be at a computer but will involve frequent interruptions from phone calls, office meetings, and personal interactions with supporters and occasionally clients. Some lifting of material donations will be requested but can be handled by another staff member if needed.
To Apply: To apply for this position, candidates should e-mail a cover letter and current resume to Kathy Clowes (Executive Director) at email@example.com and Jessica Schmitz (Assistant Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org