Holy Angels Academy is a private, independent co-ed Catholic school serving students from 4-year-old Pre-Kindergarten through Grade Twelve. Holy Angels enjoys full accreditation with the National Association of Private, Catholic and Independent Schools (NAPCIS). Our mission is to educate and form our youth by the means of Catholic schooling in the classical tradition, to prepare them to lead holy and honorable lives for God and country and thus attain the end for which they were created, that is, eternal happiness with God.
We are seeking to hire a Christendom graduate or other qualified candidate to help us advance the mission of Holy Angels Academy as our Director of Advancement.
Advance the mission of Holy Angels Academy by establishing a stable long-term financial position through major gift fundraising and other advancement and marketing initiatives.
The Director of Advancement provides innovative and strategic leadership, planning and management for the Advancement Office and is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive institutional advancement program for Holy Angels Academy. The Director is a member of the Holy Angels Academy administrative team and reports to the Holy Angels Academy Advancement Committee. The Director will be responsible for hiring and managing one Associate to operate the Advancement Office of Holy Angels Academy. Responsibilities of the Director of Advancement include but are not limited to:
1. Develop overall fundraising and advancement strategy each year in coordination with the Board of Trustees and Advancement Committee.
2. Cultivate relationships with current and prospective benefactors; secure one-on-one visits with current and prospective benefactors and solicit major gifts for various programs and initiatives.
3. Manage resources to maintain a viable constituent database overseeing donor and prospect records, following all regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact donations.
4. Establish and grow relationships with new and existing families, benefactors, and the broader Louisville community; represent Holy Angels at parochial and community functions.
5. Attend Holy Angels events throughout the calendar year and promote advancement initiatives.
6. Responsible for implementation of renewable and multi-year grants.
• Passionately Catholic and in full communion with the Magisterium of the Church and the mission of Holy Angels Academy
• Bachelor’s Degree and two years of work experience in non-profit fundraising or related field
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to manage time well and multitask, as days will consist of managing multiple projects at once
• Ability to schedule visits with potential donors and ask for major gifts
• Ability to assemble and manage volunteers to assist in advancement initiatives and events
• Ability to manage and direct at least one full-time associate effectively
• Attention to detail and strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Public speaking skills
• Ability to carry out responsibilities with little-to-no supervision
• Other skills: Microsoft Office Suite and donor database
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Questions? Call Jim Norton at 502-489-1347