The mission of the Catholic Church of Washington is to spread the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. In the faithful pursuit of this mission, St. John Neumann, a vibrant, multicultural parish in Gaithersburg Maryland, is seeking an evangelizing Catholic who knows, loves and lives the teachings of the Catholic Church to serve as the Director of Faith Formation. The Director of Faith Formation will report directly to the Pastor and oversee will oversee all aspects of faith formation at the parish: RCIA, adult faith formation, children’s faith formation, Baptism and Marriage preparation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of Faith Formation including RCIA, Adult Faith Formation, Children’s Faith Formation, Baptism and Marriage preparation.
- Implement a variety of programs for 275+ children in religious education.
- Provide formation opportunities for adults.
- Oversee Catechumenal and sacramental preparation.
- Identify, coordinate and mentor catechists.
- Coordinate the Sacramental program.
- Supervises other religious education personnel.
- Recruits and trains volunteers.
- Evaluate program curricula and acts as parish resource person in methods and some areas of Theology
- Responsible for developing a budget for Religious Education Program
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a practicing Catholic with a love for the faith
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be highly organized with excellent planning skills.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines and standard accepted practices.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude.
- Able to work evenings and weekends.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Religious Education or a similar major.
- Experience with database and records management.
- At least two years of parish experience as a catechetical leader
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Office experience
- Experience with administrative functions (budgeting, scheduling, institutional relationships)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers and filing cabinets. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time role with required evening and weekend hours.
Please send resume and cover letter to Lisa Calla-Russ at the Archdiocese of Washington email@example.com