EWTN Global Catholic Network is the largest religious media network in the world. EWTN’s 11 networks broadcast in multiple languages 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to over 350 million television households in more than 145 countries and territories.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for partnering with the Vice President of Human Resources to implement and administer all human resources programs and activities, including recruiting and staffing, policies and procedures, employee relations, performance management and development, compensation, employee engagement, workforce planning, training, benefits administration, regulatory compliance, and other initiatives to foster a positive work environment reflecting EWTN values.
• Demonstrates and models EWTN’s values in interactions and behaviors, displaying the highest degree of integrity, confidentiality, and trust.
• Provides policy guidance, interpretation, and assistance in implementing all procedures and programs.
• Collaborates with hiring managers to determine staffing needs, reviews job descriptions, and outlines success profiles. Provides guidance to managers on interviewing, selection, and hiring practices.
• Coaches and guides managers and employees on various employment-related issues.
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention. Conducts exit interviews.
• Provides input and guidance on workforce planning.
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws.
• Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (i.e., coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions, career development) and facilitates the performance review process.
• Provides input and assistance on salary administration and compensation.
• Coordinates with Benefits Specialist on benefits administration to facilitate leave of absences and ensure compliance with FMLA and all applicable laws.
• Responsible for compliance in accordance with all applicable laws, including OSHA and Workers Comp reporting as necessary.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements regarding employment practices. Consults with Legal as necessary.
• Analyzes trends and metrics and makes recommendations for solutions. Develops and maintains standard reports and special requests.
• Supports and assists in implementing organizational change initiatives aligned with the Network’s mission.
• Assists in identifying and implementing training needs.
• Reviews and recommends process improvements to ensure effectiveness and continuous improvement.
• Participates in HR team initiatives and other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 – 7 years’ Human Resources experience at the Generalist/Manager level with proven ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Must be well versed in employment laws and regulations and maintain current knowledge of trends.
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Customer service orientation and strong problem-solving skills. Ability to handle difficult situations in a calm and professional manner.
• A high level of integrity with attention and care given to confidentiality.
• Recruiting and staffing experience to include developing recruiting strategies, advising managers, familiarity with social media tools, etc.
• Demonstrated experience in performance management and progressive discipline.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with teams.
• Organized individual with good time management skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with strong Excel spreadsheet skills.
• Knowledge of and experience using HRIS systems (ADP/UltiPro preferred) and capable of producing/customizing reports.
• Ability to travel (approximately 10 – 15%).
• Practicing Catholic with a commitment to the mission of Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN).
• Non-profit experience desirable.
• Bilingual (Spanish) helpful but not required.
Bell Oaks Executive Search
Bell Oaks Executive Search