The Diocese of Owensboro has a job opportunity for a Full-Time Director of Faith Formation. This position is located at the McRaith Catholic Center in Owensboro, KY. The Diocese encompasses 78 parishes and 17 schools in western Kentucky.
The Director of Faith Formation is responsible for continuing the mission of Jesus Christ through catechesis and evangelization throughout the diocese
Qualifications and Duties
- Master’s degree in Theology, Religious Education or related field preferred; Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Religious Education or related field required.
- Five years of ministry experience related to Faith Formation, especially RCIA and Adult Faith Formation, in a parish setting required.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing fully committed to the Mission of the Catholic Church.
- Works with, serves and supports Parish Catechetical Leaders.
- Reports to the Office of Evangelization.
- Manages Catechist and School Teacher certification process.
- Resources and supports parishes with faith formation programs, tools and training.
- Must be passionate, energized and excited about religious education in the Diocese.
- Dynamic personality that builds bridges of communication between the various forms of religious educators, and serves as a unifying force in the Diocese.
- Works collaboratively with other Diocesan Offices and values overall evangelization and discipleship efforts of the diocese and the vision of Living as Missionary Disciples by the USCCB.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills and presentation skills, Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
- Accessible and willing to travel to parishes as needed.
- Communicate routinely with the advisory boards, and other committees as required.
- Flexibility and availability to work evening and weekend hours
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- The ability to successfully complete a criminal history and background check
The Diocese of Owensboro is an equal opportunity employer that provides a wide range of benefits. All interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to: