Kansas City, MO
The Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph has many open positions, including an Associate Director for Catechesis and Faith Formation. This position provides catechetical and discipleship leader training and mentoring services that equip parishes to evangelize/form parishioners and increase ministerial leadership capacity.
To see all available Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph jobs visit their website.
- Teach train-the-trainer sessions in content and methodology for catechists and catechetical leaders involved in children’s faith formation.
- Create discipleship group leaders through small-group discipleship processes who can also make future leaders.
- Provide mentorship to catechetical leaders empowering them to form and mentor other catechists and leaders.
- Adapt/redesign existing resources to fit appropriate cultural contexts.
- Partner with parish DREs and catechetical leaders to establish online networks and in-person communities enabling the sharing of knowledge, ideas, and resources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess extensive knowledge of catechetical processes, discipleship processes, ecclesial documents, Sacred Scripture, and Catholic doctrine, as well as an enthusiastic love for the Church.
- Exhibit excellent teaching methods and train-the-trainer level proficiency in catechetical methodology and discipleship principles. Adept at addressing large group audiences in training, retreat, parish mission, and conference settings.
- Display strong verbal and/or written communication skills in both English and Spanish. Expertise in leading small groups. Facilitates group discussion through active listening, asking clarifying questions, and soliciting feedback.
- Find solutions acceptable to diverse groups with conflicting interests and needs. See old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems. Adapt to changing work responsibilities and cultural environments.
- Champion innovative change and remove obstacles to support change. Think in terms of desired outcomes and long-term goals.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Catholic Theology or Catechetic.
- Three years parish experience as catechetical leader.
- MS Office: Intermediate skills or higher.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish, as well as English (both verbal and cultural competency).
- Master’s Degree in Catholic Theology or Catechetic.
- Diocesan experience or 5+ years of parish experience as catechetical leader.
The Diocese offers a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental and vision plans, STD/LTD fully paid by the employer, retirement plans including a 403b plan and a defined benefit pension plan. Paid time off includes generous paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick leaves.
Note: All Diocesan employees are required to consent to a background check, and sign and acknowledge the Ethics and Integrity in Ministry Code of Conduct prior to hire. Completion of Protecting God’s Children training is required within 30 days of hire.
Interested parties may apply online here.