Kansas City, MO
For more than 100 years, Rockhurst High School has been a place where boys become young men, with minds, bodies and souls prepared for the challenges of college and life beyond. Rockhurst challenges students with a rigorous academic program in the classical Jesuit tradition. We offer great benefits and competitive wages.
We are seeking a career-minded individual to teach Journalism and other Communication Arts courses, starting in August of 2021. The ideal candidate will be a certified secondary teacher with a demonstrated ability to teach in a college preparatory environment. The teacher will work in a structured and collaborative environment with other teachers who are committed to the formation of each student according to the principles of the Grad at Grad: Open to Growth, Intellectually Competent, Religious, Committed to Doing Justice, and Loving.
• Plan and teach five sections of Communication Arts classes, including journalism.
• Collaborate with department and school colleagues in the ongoing curriculum design and review process.
• Communicate regularly with students, parents, school counsellors, and administrators about student progress.
• Participate actively in the school’s co-curricular and spiritual activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in English or related field (Master’s preferred)
• Previous Journalism and/or Communication Arts teaching experience, ideally in the following areas: Newspaper Writing; Digital Layout and Design; Photojournalism; and Multimedia Broadcasting.
• Clear understanding of and commitment to Rockhurst High School’s mission
• Student-focused approach to learning, which includes a desire to build positive relationships that are characterized by mutual respect and trust
• Strong understanding of current educational theory and practice
• Ability to incorporate a range of instructional approaches, including project-based and inquiry-based approaches
• Experience with a range of educational technologies
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume and application to Mike Wickenhauser, Assistant Principal for Academics, at email@example.com.
Rockhurst High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.