Kansas City, MO
For more than 100 years, Rockhurst High School has been a place where boys become young men, with minds, bodies and souls prepared for the challenges of college and life beyond. Rockhurst challenges students with a rigorous academic program in the classical Jesuit tradition. We offer great benefits and competitive wages.
We are seeking a career-minded individual to teach Social Studies, starting in August of 2021. The ideal candidate will be a certified teacher with a demonstrated ability to teach in a college preparatory environment. The teacher will work in a structured and collaborative environment with other teachers who are committed to the formation of each student according to the principles of the Grad at Grad: Open to Growth, Intellectually Competent, Religious, Committed to Doing Justice, and Loving.
● Plan and teach five sections of Social Studies, likely with two preps. (Core Social Studies courses include Ancient Civilizations, Modern World History, US History, and US Government.)
● Collaborate with department and school colleagues in the ongoing curriculum design and review process.
● Communicate regularly with students, parents, school counselors, and administrators about student progress.
● Participate actively in the school’s co-curricular and spiritual activities.
● All other job duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in History or related field (Master’s preferred)
● Previous Social Studies teaching experience, which ideally includes AP and/or dual credit teaching experience
● Clear understanding of and commitment to Rockhurst High School’s mission
● Student-focused approach to learning, which includes a desire to build positive relationships that are characterized by mutual respect and trust
● Strong understanding of current educational theory and practice
● Ability to incorporate a range of instructional approaches, including discussion-based, project-based, and inquiry-based approaches
● Experience with a range of educational technologies
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume and application to Mike Wickenhauser, Assistant Principal for Academics,
Rockhurst High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.