PARISH MISSION STATEMENT: Our mission is simple. All of the liturgical celebrations, programs and initiatives of St. Patrick Catholic Church coalesce to create an authentically Catholic community focused on the sincere worship of the true God, heartfelt service to each and every human person and the desire to spread the healing and saving Gospel of Jesus Christ for the sake of the eternal salvation of all who respond to His call.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The primary focus of the Pastoral Associate is sharing in the pastoral ministry of the parish and of the community. With the pastor, the Pastoral Associate is co-responsible
for personal ministry to parishioners and community members; and for the development of a Christ-centered parish.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (The essential functions/major responsibilities listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. Duties and responsibilities are also subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)
1. Administers designated parish programs in collaboration with the pastor, using the Mission and Vision
Statements of the Parish as a guide.
2. Assists in the preparation of various sacraments and in planning parish sacramental celebrations.
3. Assists the pastor in liturgical planning and execution of the liturgy
4. Collaborates with other parish ministers in furthering religious education.
5. Assists the pastor in welcoming and integrating new members into the parish community.
6. Works with volunteers in establishing and attaining parish ministry goals.
7. Serves as a resource person for the Parish Pastoral Council, parish commissions, and religious education programs.
8. Coordinates the parish’s evangelization outreach efforts.
9. Assists the Pastor in designing a process for welcoming and integrating persons into the parish community.
10. Acts as a liaison with the Tribunal for couples regarding marriage or annulment procedures.
11. Assists the priest with funeral planning and coordinates such planning in the absence of the priest.
12. Assists visiting priests with liturgy and travel needs.
13. Maintains strict level of confidentiality about Church, parish business and parishioners
14. Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
JOB SCOPE: Position encounters frequent new and varied work situations. Incumbent determines his/her own practices and procedures and contributes to the development of new concepts. Position operates independently with minimal supervision.
COMMUNICATION/CLIENT CONTACT: Contacts are usually made with others both inside and outside the parish. Contacts are usually made at own initiative, or at a supervisor’s request, and may contain confidential/sensitive matters.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS: The PA must be an active member of a Roman Catholic faith community. He or she must be able to prioritize workload to meet program requirements, and have the ability to work both
independently and as a member of a pastoral team. The Pastoral Associate must be flexible, creative, responsible, and technologically inclined. A Bachelor’s Degree in Religious Education or Theology is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the Pastoral Associate is required to stand, walk, talk, reach, sit and perform repetitive motions of the hands/wrists. The ability to lift and move items up to 20 pounds is required.
JOB CONDITION: Work is performed in a church or office setting, under continual, tight deadlines. He/she will be required to attend scheduled evening and weekend meetings. This position requires flexible work
scheduling to properly administer the program. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of the physical capabilities that must be met by an employee and the working conditions that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for Father Timothy Furlow to review.