Mater Salvatoris Preparatory School in Stamford, CT, is an independent, faithful Catholic school PK-12th grade, under the direction of the Sisters of the Company of the Savior. It is the seventh school that the Sisters of the Company of the Savior have established around the world. Mater Salvatoris opened its doors in Stamford in September 2018, with younger grades, and it will grow by one grade level each year up through 12th grade. It is co-ed in PK and K and follows a model of single-sex classrooms in a coed campus from 1st grade through high school. Mater Salvatoris College Preparatory School is growing and will move to its permanent campus for next school year 2021-2022, a 20-acre property on Newfield Avenue in Stamford, CT.
Our mission at Mater Salvatoris is to provide a faithful Catholic education to all of our students, lead them to discover their unique talents, and assist them in successfully meeting the challenges of the twenty-first century. Our school community promotes the development of the whole person in all his or her dimensions: academic, human and spiritual, in an atmosphere of wise freedom. At Mater Salvatoris, “we educate the mind, we educate the heart, and we educate the spirit.” In doing so, we equip students to become champions of their own lives.
We are currently seeking a preschool teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. To Apply: Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and list of references, addressed to the Head of School, to email@example.com.
Position: Preschool Teacher
Reports to: Head of School
• Practicing Roman Catholic, in good standing
• Vocation for teaching, caring deeply for students
• Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills, self-starter, well-organized, team player
• Flexibility in assessing educational needs and strategies and ability to adapt appropriately
• Willingness to learn how to implement Mater Salvatoris’ unique method and curriculum
• Facilitate success and growth in students’ academic and interpersonal skills through implementing Mater Salvatoris method and curriculum
• Support the Sisters of the Company of the Savior and their mission of providing a faithful and well-rounded Catholic education
• More details will be presented during the personal interview
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment
• Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred
• Master’s degree preferred