St. Mary’s Ryken is the center of a vibrant Catholic faith community in southern Maryland. This is most easily seen in our nationally-recognized spiritual direction program for students and faculty and that in the last decade over 20 alumni have entered the seminary/religious life. Students have the opportunity to nourish their faith life through daily Mass, adoration, retreats, spiritual direction, and weekly service events.
This position is part of the Campus Ministry team and Theology Department and works under the supervision of the Director of Campus Ministry and Theology Department Chair. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of an orthodox team in the missionary endeavor of drawing students into the Church.
The Campus Ministry team offers programs and initiatives in the areas of sacramental worship, retreats, Catholic social teaching, service programs, and an active ministry presence in all areas of school life. They will work with the Director of Campus Ministry and the Campus Ministry team, while being responsible for the following:
- Overseeing and managing all aspects of the Spiritual Direction Program
- Running the RCIA program
- Assisting the Director of Campus Ministry on overnight retreats
- Providing pastoral care to the SMR Community
- Helping to prepare for Masses and other liturgies
- Teaching 2-3 courses within the Theology Department.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Theology
- Fully initiated member of the Catholic Church, who nourishes their faith through ongoing spiritual formation and prayer
- Adheres to all Catholic Church teachings
- Campus Ministry experience preferred, but not required.
- Teaching experience preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of data management software (Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets) is preferred, but not required.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
St. Mary’s Ryken is a member of the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference and supports twenty-one varsity and junior varsity sports. Coaching opportunities exist for many athletic teams. SMR has a club and resource time embedded into the school day and moderator positions are available.
Interested parties may apply here: https://www.smrhs.org/about/careers/employment-application