Washington, DC area. Remote work is possible.
Koin connects local Catholics, platonically and romantically, i.e. a dating app, but also for friends. We just pivoted and have raised another round to hire a small, ambitious team to build and grow
the Beta. The product roadmap is fairly clear. Our mission is to help create more friendships and relationships within the Church. See our product here: meetkoin.com.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Lead and “own” all of product
● Work closely with the CEO at the intersection of product, strategy, and growth
● Help to hire and build the team of developers
● Full stack software development on mobile applications
● Proficiency in Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL
● Familiarity with deploying on AWS and Heroku
● Familiarity with data tracking tools like Segment and Amplitude
● Familiarity with the problems posed by scaling
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
● Experience in managing a team and delivering against ambitious timelines
● 5+ years of experience at a VC-backed or high-growth software company managing teams and serving users, ideally in a CTO or equivalent position
● Clear top-performer in smarts, goodness, and grit
● Entrepreneurial, problem-solver, strong initiative, self-sufficient
● In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
● Hands-on experience with complex project management
● Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
● Excellent organizational and time-management skills
● Proactive problem solver, acute attention to detail, growth mindset
* Candidates don’t have to be Catholic. Technical proficiency and mission-alignment matter most.
Working at Koin
● Location: Headquartered in the Washington, DC area. Remote work is possible.
● Culture: ambitious, fast-paced, results-oriented, direct, agile
● Exciting technical challenges: (1) scaling up API, (2) collaborate on a robust dating algorithm using complicated SQL queries, (3) ensuring support for different cities/geographic regions
Compensation and Benefits
● $100,000 – $150,000
● 5-10% equity
● Health, dental, and vision insurance
How to Apply
Submit a resume (with LinkedIn) and project portfolio (links are fine) to firstname.lastname@example.org.