Mary’s Place is looking for a House Program Director.
The House Program Director is responsible for all aspects of the residential operations and the development of programs and services in the fulfillment of Mary’s Place mission, policies and
procedures. The House Program Director is accountable to create a loving and positive environment, to ensure the activities of the house are in-line with the teachings of the Catholic
Church and provide opportunities for spiritual development for the staff and residents. Additionally, the House Program Director will be expected to initially fulfill the accountabilities of
the Residential Support Specialist during shifts throughout the week, weekends, holidays and provide emergency on-call support. The House Program Director reports to the Executive
Committee and will collaborate on a regular basis with the Executive Director.
1) Residential Operations: Accountable for all the day-to-day operations of Mary’s Place to ensure the safety and well-being of the residents and their babies.
- Fosters a loving and positive environment, to ensure the activities of the house are in-line with the teachings of the Catholic Church and provide opportunities for spiritual development for both the staff and residents.
- Develops/updates the formal documentation of standards, policies, and procedures in accordance with the mission.
- Develops and manages the household calendar and scheduling. This includes: ensuring 24/7 staff coverage, meal planning, chores, baby inventory, house cleaning, yard maintenance, completing preventive maintenance, scheduling contractors/ service workers and structured activities/programs of the residents
- Hires, supervises, and develops house staff. This includes: creation of job descriptions, performance reviews, training, staff meetings and regular communications resulting in employee engagement and retention.
- Ensures food and supplies are on hand and expenditures are in line with the budget. Reports any anticipated/expected overages to the Executive Director. Provides the Executive Director with the information needed to be input into QuickBooks.
- Leads the Intake process for possible new residents. Works with the Intake Committee when needed. Inputs Intake details into the system.
- Ensures residents and staff policies and procedures are followed and appropriate actions are taken when needed. Escalates information to Board of Directors when needed.
- Ensures safety standards are upheld and documented along with conducting safety drills as required.
- Approves house expenditures within given authority, manages petty cash, and maintains vendor relations.
2) Program Development: Develops programs and services in the fulfillment of Mary’s Place mission, policies and procedures.
- Designs and implements programs and services to empower the residents to leave Mary’s Place with stability and independence.
- Develops, maintains, and reports program statistics. Communicates program results to the Board of Directors and Executive Director.
- Ensures residents are participating in agency/assistance programs and agency/assistance procedures are being followed.
3) Administrative: Communications to the Board of Directors and collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Communicates effectively with the Board of Directors and provides, in a timely and accurate manner, information necessary for the Board of Directors to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Participates with the Board of Directors in planning for short-term and long-term house expenditures.
- Inputs information into the system and creates house and program reports for the Board of Directors.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director on the bi-weekly communication to the Board of Directors.
- Assists the Executive Director with the preparation of monthly financial statements that accurately reflect the financial condition of the house against the annual budget.
- Assists the Executive Director with fundraising and volunteer events held at the house.
- Works with volunteer groups to complete identified house and resident activities.
- Supports the Executive Director to enhance Mary’s Place brand image by being active and visible in the community and by partnering with other non-profit, church, community, corporate, civic and educational institutions.
- Collaborates with Executive Director to develop the annual house budget.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services or related field preferred, however relevant work experience will be taken into consideration.
- Minimum three years’ experience in the human services field preferably working with at risk women, children and families, along with three years in a manager/supervisor role. The manager/supervisory role included: hiring/training/development, budgeting, program development, and the direct running of the day-to-day operations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and commitment to Catholic teachings and practices.
- Knowledge of assistance programs and processes to obtain assistance benefits.
- Strong crisis intervention skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and listening skills with demonstrated understanding of and sensitivity to culturally diverse populations.
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Servant leadership mindset.
Minimum Job and Physical Requirements
- Eligible to work in the US.
- Current/valid PA driver’s license with at least 3 years of driving experience with a safe driving record.
- Ability to cover shifts, including the weekends and holidays.
- Ability to remain on feet 60% of the time during the day with the ability to navigate multiple floors via stairs.
- Ability to work outdoors during the Spring/Summer months doing lite gardening, planting and/ or raking leaves.
- Ability to lift to 25 pounds, receive shipments, break down shipment boxes, take out trash/ recyclables, household laundry and shoveling snow.
Interested parties, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org