Regnery Publishing, the leading publisher of conservative and current events books, is seeking an enthusiastic news junkie and skilled communicator who is passionate about advancing conservative ideas to fill an immediate opening for a Media Relations Associate position.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, creative, and articulate with experience in media and/or publicity and engaged in the conservative community.
The Media Relations Associate will play a key role in planning and executing national PR campaigns for Regnery’s authors and clients in broadcast, print, and electronic media and will work closely with the media relations team to support and execute media strategies set by the department heads.
Ideal candidate will:
- Be swift and adept at creating powerful and attention-grabbing news hooks;
- Know and understand the major media players in the conservative marketplace;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Be passionate about advancing conservative ideas;
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and willing to work according to the news cycle;
- Understand the importance of media follow-ups;
- Be a confident yet humble team player who is comfortable receiving and following direction from senior team members;
- Be able to manage several projects at one time;
- Be comfortable with rejection and able to handle conflict tactfully and diplomatically;
- Have well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Be able to manage the details, strategies, and timelines of projects to which he or she is assigned;
- Have a year or more of professional experience in media relations or conservative activism;
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
The position offers excellent growth potential as well as excellent benefits, including medical, dental, paid time off, paid holidays, disability insurance, life insurance, 401(k), and a rewarding work environment. Our wages are competitive. We offer training, good work-life balance, and the opportunity to thrive in a growing business.
Regnery Publishing, a division of Salem Media Group, is the nation’s leading publisher of conservative books, having brought out many of the seminal works of the conservative movement. Among its recent authors are Michael Knowles, Sebastian Gorka, Dennis Prager, Dinesh D’Souza, Ted Cruz, George Gilder, and Mollie Hemingway.
Our office is on Capitol Hill at 122 C St, NW, Suite 515, Washington, DC 20001, within walking distance of the Judiciary Square and Union Station Metro stops (Red Line). Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.