(30 hours per week)
Saint Eugene Catholic Church is looking for a Coordinator of Faith Formation.
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Provides leadership, in collaboration with the Pastor, in the design and implementation of programs for adults, youth, and children to assist in building a solid foundation for adult spirituality, Christian living, and ministry.
- Support parents and families in their role as primary educators in the faith and works to empower parishioners to respond more fully to their baptismal call.
- Oversee the sacramental preparation of parish candidates of all ages, who attend the Parish Religious Education Program.
- Direct the RCIA process and provide Confirmation preparation for Adult Catholics.
- Recruitment and training of volunteer catechists related to Adult Catholic Faith and Youth catechesis.
- Ensure compliance with Safe Environment credentials and other needed safety requirements.
Minimum level of Education:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Religious Studies is preferred but equivalent experience in similar positions can suffice for degree requirement purposes.
- Faithful practicing Catholic with strong knowledge of the Catholic faith and evangelization skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint).
- Proficient in managing website pages.
- Employment is contingent upon the applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Completing Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire
Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in parish-level Religious Education
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is preferred, but not required.
- Well organized, able to multi-task and effectively work in a busy and public environment. Ability to prioritize time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and sound judgment in interacting with youth and adults.
- Knowledge of the development and psychology of children and adolescents.
- Demonstrate initiative in continuing education and formation.
- Ability to work within and manage a budget.
Supervises: Volunteer Catechists
We are a parish of 929 active, registered families, bilingual (English and Spanish).
Position Start Date: 07/01/2021
Send resume and letter of interest:
Gail Hernandez, Saint Eugene Search Committee,
Saint Eugene Catholic Church, PO Box 188, Wendell, NC 27591
Or send to: firstname.lastname@example.org