Lumen Verum Academy, a new 6-12 Catholic high school sponsored by the Archdiocese of Boston, is seeking a teacher of English Composition for grades 6-8.
The English Composition course will focus on giving students the skills to think and write competently across all academic disciplines. The curriculum will prioritize exposing students to exemplary writing across a variety of genres. The English Composition teacher will work in close collaboration with our Integrated Humanities program to ensure the integrity of the students’ learning.
Lumen Verum will offer a classical Catholic liberal arts education in a blended-learning environment. In addition to the English Composition and Integrated Humanities courses, the curriculum will include: math, science, debate/rhetoric, Latin, and theology. Small class sizes and Socratic teaching characterize our pedagogical approach.
Academic instruction will be provided virtually four days a week, while in-person community and faith-building activities will take place on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Deep commitment to the Catholic faith and fidelity to the Church’s teachings
- Commitment to lifelong learning and passion for subject matter
- Missionary zeal to share the Good News of Jesus Christ
- A joyful disposition that radiates enthusiasm and care for students
- In-person availability for selected Wednesday and Saturday events
- Bachelor’s degree
Teachers will also be required to take an Oath of Fidelity to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church.
Please note that though these qualifications represent the ideal, we welcome educators with non-traditional backgrounds to apply.
- Familiarity with classical liberal arts pedagogy (e.g., Socratic teaching)
- Teaching experience, preferably at the middle and high school level
- Experience with virtual instruction
- Master’s degree
Salary is competitive and based upon qualifications and experience.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and three references (including one pastoral reference) to:
Co-principal for Academics
Lumen Verum Academy