Saint Agatha Academy
Nestled between the Kentucky Bluegrass and the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, Saint Agatha Academy, established in 1919, is a Catholic, classical liberal arts school. In 2012, the Academy began the process of transforming from a standard parochial school to a classical curriculum. Serving students in grades Pre-K through 8, Saint Agatha Academy calls her teachers to be models of all that is Good, True, and Beautiful as they strive to instill a sense of wonder and life-long learning in their students.
General Position Description
This position is a middle school self-contained classroom with potential shared teaching responsibilities. Responsibilities will include mathematics, science, history, literature, spelling, and grammar / writing, Latin, and religion.
A successful candidate will create and administer a classroom program that is conducive to student learning and is rich in faith formation. They will learn and utilize a classical model for teaching. A candidate for this position should also be open to learning and teaching Latin. Successful candidates will also have a unique appreciation of the humanities (history and literature) with a genuine interest in utilizing classical teaching methods. A personal and professional commitment to life-long-learning is essential. We are in search of an energetic, responsible, loving educator for our middle school.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking
· The ability to establish cooperative working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and parents
· Practicing Catholic or a Protestant with a healthy respect for the Catholic faith.
Educational Requirements and Qualification
· BA in Elementary Education, or a related field
· Willing to participate in professional development / conferences to prepare to teach in a Catholic, classical school
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Dcn. Ronald Allen, St. Agatha Academy, 244 S. Main St. Winchester, KY 40391