The mission of the Catholic Archdiocese of Washington is to spread the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. In the faithful pursuit of this mission, The Archdiocese of Washington is seeking a Coordinator of Family Faith Formation and Children’s Catechesis. The Coordinator of Family Faith Formation and Children’s Catechesis assists the Director for Catechesis in the mission to strengthen the effectiveness of parish catechesis through oversight of archdiocesan formation initiatives and certification policies. The Coordinator will monitor the implementation and integrity of various models of faith formation through parish visits and mentorship. The Coordinator will ensure that program models remain faithful to Church teaching and are pedagogically sound models for life-long faith.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Support the increasing number of both Spanish and English speaking parishes seeking to offer family faith formation models.
· Provide support and resources for teaching the faith to children in grades K-8 through the implementation of the religious curriculum “Forming Disciples for the New Evangelization” and the Faith Knowledge Assessment.
· Gather and record the annual Parish Catechetical Profile and Safe Environment Reporting data.
· Serve as the primary liaison between the Office for Catechesis and the Hispanic cohort of the Archdiocesan Catechetical Leaders Association.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Candidate must be knowledgeable of and committed to the teachings of the Catholic Church, as well as evidence a spirit of discipleship for the New Evangelization.
· Strong ability to learn web-based software systems.
· Effective communicator both orally and in writing.
· Excellent organizational and people skills.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks under time sensitive deadlines.
· Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
Required Education and Experience
· Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing and supports the teachings of the Catholic Church.
· Bachelors’ Degree in Religious Education or a related field.
· At least two (2) years experience in parish catechesis or evangelization.
· Bilingual English/Spanish verbal and written skills.
· Advanced Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Must be able to travel throughout the Archdiocese for parish visits.
· Must be available for evening and weekend work.
· This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers and filing cabinets. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position/Hours of Work
· This is a full time role with expected evening and weekend hours.
For more information or to apply, please contact Lisa Calla-Russ at email@example.com