Front Royal, VA
The Video Marketing Assistant will be working with all of LifeSiteNews’ video activities: including promoting LifeSite videos, implementing strategies to grow our audience on various video platforms, and assisting the video team in raising awareness about LifeSite’s main issues. We are looking for candidates who, in addition to the non-negotiable nuts and bolts video editing experience, also have marketing experience.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a vibrant, passionate team of professionals committed to promoting the Culture of Life, and use their God-given talents to help us reach millions of people with the truth about life, family, and faith.
LOCATION: While LifeSiteNews has offices in Front Royal, Virginia, and Toronto, Ontario, many of our staff telecommute from home offices. This position is open to telecommuters.
This position reports to the Director of Video.
- Minimum of two years of digital marketing experience on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram; as well as experience on Telegram, Gab and GabTV, Parler, Rumble, MeWe, Brighteon, and other alternative social media platforms)
- Assist with livestreaming via OBS, Zoom and Skype. (Experience with restream is an asset)
- Gather and edit news clips from various sources
- Excellent communicator, in both written and oral form
- Experience and passion for on-camera communication for short video stories on social media platforms to be posted by the marketing team
- Self-motivated, creative, ready to keep up with a busy daily news cycle atmosphere
- Above all, a passion for the mission of LifeSite: to spread the message of the Culture of Life and Family
Responsibilities will include:
- Optimizing LifeSite videos, assisting in SEO keywords in headlines and sub-headlines
- Posting LifeSite videos to our video platforms and sharing with the Marketing Team for posting on social media
- Providing regular reports on video effectiveness
- Creating graphics for videos as needed, including effective thumbnails for all videos
- Monitoring and combatting censorship
- Work closely with Marketing to identify opportunities to disseminate LifeSite content to the largest possible audience while building brand loyalty
SALARY: Salary is negotiable based upon need and experience. Keep in mind that LifeSiteNews is a mission-based non-profit, although we always seek to meet our employees’ legitimate financial needs.
Your application should include a resume, cover letter, at least three references, and answers to the list of questions provided. Please send samples of your work to email@example.com.
The cover letter should explain your interest in working for LifeSite, and outline how your experience has proven both your commitment to LifeSite’s mission and your ability to succeed in the position. It should show knowledge of LifeSite’s reporting.
Interested parties should apply online here. We will contact successful applicants for an interview.