New York, NY
Abdiel Financial Group is hiring an Investor Relations Operations Associate (Remote candidates considered)
- There is opportunity for long-term growth with this company
- Remote considered – needs to be able to travel to NY
- No experience required
- Attention to detail is required
- Analytic ability is key
See below for more detailed information. If interested or to apply, email your resume/questions to alumna Karla Hester at email@example.com
Abdiel Financial Group, New York, New York
Job title – Investor Relations Operations Associate (Remote candidates considered)
About the Job – Abdiel Capital seeks an Investor Relations Operations Associate (hereafter “IR Associate”) to service the firm’s clients and project-manage the operations and technology which support this work.
Abdiel is based in Manhattan and manages over $5 billion on behalf of family offices, high-net-worth individuals, foundations, and school endowments. Abdiel concentrates capital in the shares of ten or so publicly traded high-quality companies. It has widely outperformed the market over its fifteen years. For more on us, see https://abdielcapital.com/about/ and https://abdielcapital.com/team/.
Abdiel’s work environment feels like that of a growing startup because the team is small and new hires can make big contributions. A spirit of constant refinement leads to significant adaptations in our research and operations every few months.
Abdiel’s hiring process primarily evaluates ability, so no prior experience in the investment industry is necessary. You should apply to be our IR Associate if you have:
- Directly faced many sophisticated clients, vendors, and colleagues in the course of a week and delighted them with your solutions and tact.
- Managed complex multi-month operational workflows with multiple stakeholders.
- Triaged a high daily volume of in-bound requests for bespoke answers with deadlines of a day or less.
- Relaxed by hunting down typos.
In broad strokes, the IR Associate will:
- Oversee the substantial workflows associated with client subscriptions, redemptions, and transfers. This involves close coordination with Abdiel’s third-party administrator. Each step requires judgment, comfort with complex information, and the ability to apply key points of law and compliance custom.
- Answer client requests for data and important documents (e.g. audit confirmations, tax estimates).
- Manage the CRM which tracks data, relationships, and distribution lists for existing and prospective investors.
- Assist with the collection and review of investor documents for certain tax and compliance filings (e.g. K-1 preparation, FATCA reporting).
- Assist the IR team in scheduling and preparing materials for investor meetings.
- Run analyses of portfolio data and investor activity.
- Assist the IR team in identifying technology that lets us do our work better and faster.
- Assist with refreshing the content and design of Abdiel’s public-facing materials (e.g. pitchbooks, website).
The IR Associate is expected to work roughly 50-55 hours per week in a self-directed manner. The starting salary range is $70-100k (depending on assessed abilities), plus potential for an annual performance-based bonus. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and permanent authorization to work in the US. We are flexible about location. Our preference is for someone who can work multiple days a week from Abdiel’s NYC office if needed, but we are open to candidates who would be remote as an ordinary matter. Under all circumstances, candidates must be able to reach New York City in a day or less if needed.
If interested or to apply, email your resume/questions to alumna Karla Hester at firstname.lastname@example.org