• Prepare weekly deposits
• Maintain and update database PDS & Realm of parish registrations
• Help to maintain & update church website
• Maintain postage meter and other office machines
• Give clerical support to all program staff and church committees. Order liturgical supplies as needed and maintain inventory. Arrange for delivery or pick up of supplies
• Prepare letters for sponsors, registration or an other letters or forms needed
• Coordinate with Communication & Admin. Asst. to maintain parish calendar of all church activities and of all events taking place in the parish
• Schedule meetings and arrange appointments for priests
• Prepare weekly collection bags
• Keep sacramental records updated
• Homebound visit: Plan the route of priests visit on the 1st Wednesday every month
• Creating flyers for church activities as needed. Update bulletin board in vestibule weekly
• Help with special projects throughout the year (ministries Fair, Offertory Campaign, year-end tax statements and more)
• Perform other tasks as will be assigned by the Pastor or direct managers
• Greet those who come into the office, answer their questions, provide needed assistance, or refer them to the proper staff person.
• Answer the telephone and provide assistance or forwarding the call to the appropriate staff person.
• Respond to emails comes in from general account and provide general information. Enter Mass intentions in book and collect offering for masses.
• Funerals: Take information from families, funeral homes; contact all necessary personnel for Funeral (cantor, altar servers, and sacristan.) Set up church if needed
• Wedding: Helps coordinating with different people assisting the preparation of the wedding and keep wedding files in order
• Baptism: Accepting Baptism class registration, calling families for paper work and preparing list of Baptisms for Deacon or Priest monthly
• Religious Education: Registering families, collecting fees and passing information to DRE
About the Employer
Queen of Apostles Catholic Church, located in Alexandria, Virginia is a community that continually grows in faith, hope, and charity. As a parish, we give special attention to fraternal encounters and to always rediscover the face of Jesus in others, supporting each other, thus creating a fraternity atmosphere and always welcoming diversity. We are God’s people, the great family of God, and seek holiness by living the sacraments and listening to the Word.
For more information or to apply, CLICK HERE