Front Royal, VA
Dominion Ridge Academy, Front Royal, Virginia
Full Job Description:
Dominion Ridge Academy is looking for creative and enthusiastic educators to join our stellar team of teachers. The Dominion Ridge Academy classroom promotes competence, confidence, and belonging. It supports the development of knowledge in all core academic areas for all students with an emphasis on cognitive, social and emotional growth, skills for lifelong learning, and the importance of working together as a collaborative group.
These positions require but are not limited to the following duties:
- Support and uphold the philosophy of classically-based, Christian education and the mission of DRA.
- Incorporate Biblical Worldview thinking into all subject areas.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding school matters.
- Provide up-to-date learning practices and effective subject area instruction and assessment based on the needs and capabilities of students.
- Model adaptability and flexibility in the midst of changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Communicate clear objectives for all learning activities and create projects to enhance learning opportunities.
- Use varied assessment tools to perform both formative and summative assessments.
- Demonstrate a willingness to respond to individual learning needs through differentiated instruction and centers-based learning.
- Create appropriate lesson plans following scope and sequence for subject area.
- Incorporate technology effectively into lesson planning.
- Practice positive, consistent discipline in the management of the classroom.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior for a productive learning environment.
- Communicate and collaborate with parents, staff, and administration for optimal student progress regarding academic, behavioral, or safety concerns.
- Demonstrate a commitment to remain current in professional practices and developments, informational technologies, and educational research applicable to your assigned grade-level classroom or subject area.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an educational field
- Commitment to continued education through various means including professional development made available by Dominion Ridge Academy.
- 2-Years Teaching Experience (Preferred)
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
For more information or to apply, follow the link HERE