San Diego, California
POSTION TITLE: Social Media Specialist
HOURS: Full-time with benefits
REPORTS TO: Aida Bustos, Media Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Catholic Diocese of San Diego serves a vibrant, multicultural community of Catholics in San Diego and Imperial Counties, more than 1.4 million strong. The diocese includes 98 parishes, 49 elementary and secondary schools and Catholic Charities, which provides social services across the region.
The diocese is expanding its communication team to build its presence and engagement on social media. The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for developing the diocese’s social media strategy and the day-to-day managing of the diocese’s social media platforms.
This specialist will drive the diocese’s engagement and growth of its social media community, particularly among young adults, using platforms popular with target audiences. These include but are not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, WhatsApp, and podcasts.
This position is a full-time position with benefits, based at diocese’s administrative Pastoral Center in the San Diego neighborhood of Clairemont. The position requires some evening and weekend work.
- Supporting the diocese’s strategic goals
- Developing and managing the diocese’s social media communications and marketing strategy.
- Educating and guiding the diocese’s offices to build their social media and digital marketing efforts.
- Establishing a process to monitor and analyze content across owned, earned, and shared channels.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, digital media or related field;
- 2 years-plus of professional experience in developing and managing social media initiatives, with measurable results;
- Excellent writing, editing, and optimization skills;
- Working knowledge of analytics tools;
- Knowledge of best practices in digital marketing and an understanding of digital production.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish)
- Photographic and video-production skills
- Familiarity with the Catholic faith
Please send cover letter, resume and work samples to: email@example.com