Newbury Park, California
St. Julie Billiart Catholic Church, Newbury Park, CA
The Director of Youth Ministry / Confirmation Coordinator for St. Julie Billiart Catholic Church is first and foremost, a passionate and active Catholic with a desire to minister to our most precious young people. This requires a willingness to interact with youth, the ability to pray and walk with them, and imparting the treasure of the Catholic faith to them through the Sacraments, relational ministry, formation, retreats, and opportunities of service.
- Devout, practicing, and fully initiated Roman Catholic in good standing
- Passion for their faith and for ministering to young people
- Experience in parish youth ministry, and Confirmation programs.
- Presents the teachings of the Catholic Church accurately and without misrepresentation, including sensitive issues, such as morality and social justice in light of Catholic teaching.
- Experience planning and implementing confirmation classes
- Willingness to assist in recruiting, training and managing a team of volunteers
- Ability to Build and Maintain Good Relationships.
- Ability to Program Coordination, Coordination of Catechist Development and/or Administration in a Catholic parish preferred.
- Supports Religious Education Department and Pastor in vision for teen confirmation preparation and youth ministry.
- Plans and submits calendar for confirmation classes and Youth ministry to Pastor.
- Plans and implements curriculum & details for 24 confirmation classes per year
- Design and build a dynamic Youth Ministry and Youth Ministry Peer leader program
- Design and track Confirmation requirements – monitor and addressing issues
- Plans and implements location, transportation, insurance, housing arrangements and activities for Confirmation retreat.
- Organizes and leads parent meetings, designed to both inspire parents and distribute information
- Plan and lead catechist’s workshops.
- Plans and implements logistics for hosting Confirmation ceremony, along with rehearsal, and printing of program.
- Attend off-site trips, retreats and events as a chaperone and leader
- Maintains up-to-date Safe Environment Certification for self and all volunteers in the Confirmation Program
- Ensure all safe environment protocols are followed at all times.
- Ensures that the Code of Conduct for Youth Ministry is followed.
- Ensure that all volunteers are trained in safe environment protocols
- A member of the Parish Staff and attends meetings and workshops as indicated by the Pastor
- A strong understanding of the Catechism of the Catholic Church and the ability to articulate and transmit the faith
- Develop a strong bond with the Core Team and empower them to engage in relational ministry with our young adults.
- Recruitment of young people for all programs. Outreach to local area schools as an opportunity to recruit young people.
- This list is extensive, yet not exhaustive as new responsibilities arise to successfully lead Confirmation Program and Youth Ministry.
Hours: 30-34 hours per week
Pay scale: Hourly, Commensurate with experience
If interested, please send your resume to Father Ian Hagan at email@example.com