Christian Renewal Center, Dickinson, Texas
Position Open Until Filled. Currently hiring 3 Missionaries to embark on a new way to do retreat ministry based on a discipleship model.
To draw people into a relationship with Jesus Christ and His Church through retreat ministry. A CRC Missionary is committed to doing whatever it takes to fulfill the mission and meet the needs of the retreat center and the people we minister to. Missionaries will minister and meet the needs where they can serve. In all that a CRC Missionary does, they will see that they are doing it for Christ and sharing in a communal life with the other Missionaries. The CRC is owned by the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston and managed by the 501c3 Non-Profit, CRC Retreat Partners, Inc. The CRC Missionaries will be employees of the 501c3 that is run by the laity.
- A person in love with Jesus and a desire to grow in holiness!
- A person that takes ownership in the ministries and projects they take on.
- A person that can get along with others to work and live in the community.
- An active Catholic in good standing with the Church with no impediment to full communion.
- A person that is committed to doing the right thing.
- A person who has working knowledge of Catholic teaching and morality.
- A person of good character, reputation, and record.
- A person called to ministry with an understanding of vocation.
- A person with a commitment to continuing professional and ministerial formation.
- A person who believes and continues to study, understands and applies Catholic theology as the core of one’s ministry.
- A person who possesses effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- A person who is creative, self-motivated, and full of the joy of the Lord.
- Must be able to pass a background check and have a valid Safe Environment Training for the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston.
- A servants-heart and love for serving the Lord!
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Sample Job Duties (based on need and Missionary skills and abilities):
- Food Service (Prepare, Cook, Serve, and Clean for Meals)
- Housekeeping (Prepare Guest Rooms & Facilities as Needed)
- Office (Retreat Booking, Ordering Supplies, Development, Social Media)
- Grounds (Lawn-Care, Landscaping, Pool, and Tree Trimming)
- Maintenance (Replace Air Filters, Light Bulbs, Paint, Set-Up for Groups)
- On-Call (Answer Phone to Meet Needs of Guest)
- Group Host (Welcome Groups Upon Arrival & Check-In)
- Assist with Running Retreats based on skills, abilities, and gifts (Talks, Testimonies, Small Groups, Activities, Praise & Worship)
- Formation (CRC Spiritual Companion Program & Annual Retreat)
- Communal Prayer (Morning Prayer & Evening Prayer w/ Exposition)
- 10% of Time focused on Missionary Creative Project (allowing each Missionary to focus on an area, project, etc. that they are passionate about)
- Missionaries live onsite and have all utilities covered.
- Annual Salary $28,368
- 5% 401K Match
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
*CRC Missionary applies for a 1-Year Service. After completion of 1-Year, they may renew for a 1 or 2-Year of Service at the CRC.
Email CRC Director, Kim Brown at email@example.com with the following:
- Cover Letter
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (at least 2 from the Church contacts)