Front Royal, VA
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Payroll and Benefits Manager is responsible for payroll maintenance, benefits administration, and HR duties at the College.
CHIEF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer and maintain payroll and time keeping systems (Paycom).
- Manage student employment system, processes, and procedures.
- Review manual and system timesheets for accuracy and provide support to employees.
- Monitor leave requests and balances.
- Process bi-weekly and off-schedule (as necessary) payrolls.
- Review, reconcile, and verify the completeness and accuracy of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to state and federal authorities.
- Review and distribute year-end tax forms (W-2, 1042-S, 1095-C, etc.).
- Assist with relevant deliverables associated with annual financial statement audit and annual workers compensation audit.
- Administer all benefits plans, including adding, changing, and deleting employee information (UHC, Further), reviewing invoices for accuracy and entering into accounts payable, act as liaison for Managed benefits, participate in the benefits renewal process and manage open enrollment.
- Complete all out-processing procedures to include COBRA compliance, cancelling insurance if applicable, and closing out personnel files.
- Administer 403b plans, including adding and changing employee information, transferring of funds, notifying newly eligible employees during open enrollment, the distribution process and year end compliance.
- Administer HSAs, including adding and changing employee information and transferring of funds.
Assists, under supervision of the Business Office Manager / Controller in the following:
- Implement, maintain, and update all HR processes and procedures.
- Maintain records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for reporting.
- Maintain and update all job descriptions and the company organization chart.
- Assist in recruitment efforts.
- Responsible for all in-processing to include offer letters, reference checks, background checks, new hire paperwork, and any necessary follow up.
- Conducts new employee orientations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A deep desire to support the mission of Christendom College.
- Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of payroll administration and benefits experience including working with HCM/payroll system (Paycom experience preferred).
- Must be proactive and self-directed.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to complete assignments under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels as well as student employees.
- Strong Excel, Word, and Outlook skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism and complete discretion.
- Ability to maintain positive, upbeat demeanor under stressful conditions.
- Professional payroll and benefits certifications a plus.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL / EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to make quick decisions.
- Must be calm in stressful situations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time for the needs of the College, but a discussion between the employee and supervisor will take place prior to the change.