Archdiocese of Chicago, Chicago, IL
The Archdiocese of Chicago is the third largest diocese in the United States and serves more than 2.2 million Catholics in The Archdiocese, pastored by Cardinal Blase J. Cupich, has more than 15,000 employees across its ministries, including Catholic Charities, the region’s largest nonprofit social service agency. The Archdiocese also has one of the country’s largest seminaries. The Archdiocese’s elementary and secondary schools comprise one of the largest U.S. private school systems.
As a member of a team, the Evangelization Coordinator advances the Archdiocesan plan for Evangelization and Missionary Discipleship in the Archdiocese of Chicago focused on parishes in the Building the New Reality phase of the Renew My Church initiative. Collaborates with other Evangelization Coordinators (EVCs), Parish Vitality Coordinators (PVCs) and Lifelong Formation Coordinators (LFCs) and serves as a coach and resource to those who lead evangelization efforts in BNR parishes. In addition, serves as a resource for other offices and agencies of the Archdiocese in their efforts to establish and enhance evangelization and missionary discipleship efforts.
- Works as a member of the Evangelization and Missionary Discipleship team to implement diocesan-wide initiatives, which could include special events, centralized trainings, and workshops.
- Assists other Archdiocesan offices, as assigned, with evangelization resources to help them look at their ministries through the lens of evangelization.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of Evangelization and Missionary Discipleship processes and resources.
- In collaboration with the PVCs and LFCs, provides support and resources for the vicariate-specific evangelization efforts.
- Working with the PVCs and LFCs, helps foster collaboration between parishes within the vicariate.
- Helps parishes lift-up and train leaders for their evangelization efforts
- With pastor and his team, develop a two-year plan and works in a coaching relationship with their evangelization lead to build out a soft entry point, create infrastructure for a culture of evangelization, and takes steps towards forming missionary disciples
- Serves as direct resource to parishes in fostering best practices for evangelization and missionary discipleship
- Follows up on parish evangelization goals and strategies as outlined in their individual parish plans to ensure progress and provide support
- Links the resources of the Office of Evangelization and Missionary Discipleship to parish needs.
- Advances on tasks and projects in support the overall efforts of the team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of ministry experience, preferably at the parish level
- Understanding and support for Catholic Church teaching, mission, and values
- Good listener with curiosity and openness to learn from others
- Excellent communicator – written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Able to facilitate and conduct open dialogue with groups
- Ability to relate at multiple ecclesial levels: parish, deanery, vicariate, Archdiocesan and departmental
- Team player with conflict resolution skills
- Organized and creative with the ability to adapt to change and be flexible
- Strong decision-making skills and demonstrable good judgment
- Excellent project management skills with proven ability to implement successful programs
- Microsoft Office skills, including working knowledge of Teams, Word and PowerPoint programs
Bilingual with fluency in both English and Spanish, preferred, but not required.
The Archdiocese of Chicago is in the midst of exciting changes as we renew our local Church. With a variety of opportunities to contribute your professional talents and experience, we invite you to consider any of our current openings at archchicago.org/careers. We offer competitive salary and benefit packages, as well as opportunities for professional and personal growth and development.
Please submit résumé and cover letter through Applitrack: https://www.applitrack.com/archchicago/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?FromAdmin=true&AppliTrackJobId=11982
To learn more about the Office for Evangelization and Missionary Discipleship visit: https://pvm.archchicago.org/evangelization/about-us