Sweet Briar, VA
Jay Flynn, father of alumna Katie Flynn, Class of 2021, is looking for a Christendom Alum to fill the position of assistant registrar at Sweet Briar College. He is willing to train the right candidate.
Sweet Briar College, a women’s college increasingly defined by innovation, has launched a bold academic program that integrates the liberal arts with women’s leadership to prepare graduates to address the challenges facing our world. Faculty are committed to cultivating the habits of mind—in problem solving, decision making, and creativity—that are critical for leaders. These values are embedded in the College’s institutional vision and supported by our confidence that academic excellence, small classes, and dedication to empowering young women will position Sweet Briar and its graduates to thrive.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Sweet Briar College is committed to enhancing our community and encourages applications from qualified individuals with varied backgrounds, experiences and ideas who would increase the diversity of the College.
Job Title: Assistant Registrar
Classification: Full-time, exempt and benefits eligible staff position
Reports To: Registrar
The Assistant Registrar assists in the technological and analytical support of the office and manages the daily operations of the Office of the Registrar.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. May be required to work extended or non-standard hours based on project or business needs. Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends is required.
- Works collaboratively with the Registrar to determine procedures and policies and the delivery of office services including registration, enrollment and degree verifications, term set up, final exam scheduling, and diploma printing;
- Responsible for the maintenance, documentation, and coordination of multiple reporting systems, student enrollment reporting with the National Student Clearinghouse, and electronic transcript service;
- Prepares the schedule of courses for current and future terms and works with faculty members to ensure academic scheduling policies are adhered to;
- Designs and generates reports that provide information to college administrators, faculty, and government agencies;
- Responsible for transfer credit evaluations and recording of transfer credit;
- Assists in the maintenance of database and the data integrity of student records; and
- Hire and manage at least one student worker.
Work Environment: Office environment that includes frequent interruptions and task deadlines
Physical Demands: Extended periods of sitting/standing/walking may be required. Occasionally lift, carry, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
Travel: Occasional travel (including overnight) for professional meetings and conferences
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply:
To apply, visit the Sweet Briar College Career Center: https://sbc.edu/human-resources/faculty-staff-job-openings/. All applications should include: 1) cover letter; 2) resume; (3) a one-page statement highlighting contributions to or future plans for promoting diversity and inclusion through work in this position; and 4) the names and full contact information for three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
- A Bachelor’s degree;
- Demonstrated strong technology and computer skills, including familiarity with Windows operating systems, and proficiency in Microsoft Office software;
- At least 2 years of experience in higher education;
- Ability to analyze and interpret data;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting and to successfully handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously;
- Must display extraordinary attention to detail and possess strong communication and organizational skills; and
- Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field;
- Experience working in a Registrar’s Office; and
- Working knowledge of student systems (Banner), Dynamic Forms, and Argos reporting software.