Royal Palm Academy has an opening for a Music and Choir Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. This is a permanent, salaried position. Royal Palm Academy offers competitive salary and benefits for candidates to join our highly qualified faculty and staff. Applications are being accepted immediately and interviews will be scheduled for competitive candidates on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
At Royal Palm Academy, our Catholic identity and school mission permeates our entire school and curriculum. It is an essential component of our identity, especially for our classroom teachers.
This position is typically a part-time position, but could be structured into a full-time position for the right candidate.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- A joyful love of Catholic sacred music, and bringing our students into an introduction and experience of music
- A practicing Catholic with some experience in Catholic liturgical music
- Capacity for teaching music and leading a choir of students during Mass and for special events
- Capable of teaching a wide range of students, from Pre-K3 through 8th grade.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in Music.
- Experience with traditional songs and chants during Mass, including sung Latin responses during Mass.
- Capable of leading and coordinating school-wide music productions, such as the annual all-school Christmas Pageant.
- Prior teaching experience for elementary age students is a plus.
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume/CV as two electronic documents in Adobe PDF format to Michael Bussman, Head of School, at email@example.com. Highly qualified candidates will also include a statement of how their background of education and experience makes them the strongest candidate who is ready to provide an immediate and positive impact on our students at Royal Palm Academy.
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM IN ANOTHER ROLE?
Royal Palm Academy is always looking for talented and motivated education professionals to join our team. We have other anticipated full-time and part-time positions available for the 2022-2023 school year. You can find our positions posted on CatholicJobs.com, NCEA, FCIS, and NAIS. We invite general applications be sent to Michael Bussman, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT ROYAL PALM ACADEMY
Royal Palm Academy is an independent, Catholic, pre-kindergarten to eighth grade school in Naples, Florida. Our mission is to partner with families to provide an education of rich academics with Catholic formation. Royal Palm Academy teaches the mind, educates the heart, and forms the character of tomorrow’s leaders. This mission is pursued through the development of the whole person, integral formation, which encompasses the commitment to teach, to educate, and to form our students.