The National Review Institute, or NRI, is seeking an enthusiastic professional to manage the NRI On Campus and WFB Communicators programs, which will include planning and executing student events both in person and virtually, developing partnerships with student groups, managing NRI On Campus social media platforms, and measuring and reporting results from student activities. Additionally, the coordinator will assist with the general programmatic, developmental, and operational needs of National Review Institute.
This position is based out of our Washington, D.C. office. You will report directly to the Director of External Affairs, while working with NRI’s programs staff and assisting with partnership events and their strategic coordination with campus events. The position requires significant travel.
Candidates should ideally have two to three years of experience working in grassroots, external affairs, or programs management for a nonprofit organization and/or experience working with national student organizations while in college. Candidates should also have a working knowledge of the conservative movement, William F. Buckley Jr., and National Review magazine. Key responsibilities include:
NRI On Campus and Student Engagement
- Manage all aspects of NRI On Campus events, including working with speakers and student groups, and traveling to schools across the country as needed;
- Manage all aspects of WFB Communicators program, including working with speakers and venues, and attending in-person workshops;
- Develop lasting partnerships with student groups and other organizations in the freedom movement;
- Develop relationships with key faculty and department heads at colleges and universities around the country—especially in NRI’s top-tier cities—to schedule campus events and promote NRI’s programs to interested students;
- Attend conferences and events in D.C. to build a network and promote NRI;
- Grow the number of students who read National Review through NRI’s complimentary digital subscription initiative for college students;
- Maintain the On Campus Facebook page;
- Maintain the On Campus and Communicators pages on NRI’s website;
- Track events and measure results for all student-related activities;
- Write succinct summaries of events for newsletters and other communications;
- Recruit and manage interns;
- Work with NRI leadership and NR editorial management to recruit for the William F. Buckley Jr. Fellowship in Political Journalism and The Thomas L. Rhodes Fellowship.
Event and Programmatic Assistance
- Travel to and assist with other NRI-hosted events as needed, particularly the biennial Regional Seminars and biennial Ideas Summit in Washington, D.C.;
- Assist the Burke to Buckley Fellowship Program Manager with marketing, recruitment, and logistics.
NRI pays a competitive salary commensurate with experience and provides excellent benefits.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The cover letter should explain how the applicant’s skills, experience, and future goals relate to National Review Institute. Argue the question: why you and why National Review Institute?