Rapid City, SD
The professional who fills this role will be primarily responsible for conceptualizing content and implementing editorial coverage on a variety of topics including: parenting, weddings, business strategy, tourism, budgeting, and more. For an individual who is able to multi-task and is passionate about all they do, this is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-paced, growing company in a role that offers room for fast-track growth.
Skills We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years experience in content marketing and/or publishing
- Bachelors degree in Journalism, Media Communications, or related field
- Experience in adapting tone of voice into different verticals to communicate effectively with readers and targeted audiences
- Excellent ability in strategizing stories and angles for content calendar creation
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and freelancers
- Quick to learn programs such as CRM tools, marketing programs, and task managing software
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks along with assignments and project leads at once while remaining highly organized
- Adobe Suite knowledge
- Ability to work cohesively with production team, contributing confidently the ideas and concepts for content and planning execution
- Knowledge of SEO basics
- Produces quality work, copyright free, with confirmed sources
- Able to meet deadlines and exceed expectations
- Prepares content for blogs, social media posts, print publications, marketing materials, and more
- Adept in AP Style format
- Dependable and consistent with unquestionable integrity
- Exceptional communications skills and interviewing techniques
- Self-motivating and proactively seeks to self-educate
- Demonstrated success in copywriting, social media posting, blogging, writing for print and web
- Creation of editorial and web content
- Develop content clusters and execute keyword insertion for SEO
- Oversee reader submitted content programs including, but not limited to: contests through social media, column copy, and nomination features
- Collect and update calendars for Black Hills Parent and Black Hills Visitor magazine
- Ensures web-based material is uploaded in a timely manner and shared with involved freelancers, models, sponsors, etc.
- Assist in proofreading all content both internal and external
- Collaborate with Production Team for title topics and client special projects concerning content creation
What this is Not:
- This position is not a good fit for someone who is looking to expand their journalistic experience. It will focus primarily on content for marketing and PR use.
- It is not for someone who is looking to freelance or solely write. This position will be in-house located in Rapid City, SD and will encompass a variety of duties and responsibilities.
We offer a laid-back work environment, a creative downtown workplace, and the chance to do great work with an excellent team. Evergreen Media is an equal-opportunity employer.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Group health and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Entrepreneurial environment: You have the opportunity to work autonomously and take ownership of your job and career