About the Employer:
Thomas More College of Liberal Arts was founded to provide a solid education in the liberal arts, a Catholic education for students of all faiths, united in the quest for what is true, good, and beautiful. It pursues this mission by seeking wisdom and sharing it joyfully with the world.
The Director of Admissions leads and manages the Office of Admissions, oversees the admissions staff and student interns, cultivates high school, and other community relations as needed.
The Director manages recruitment services, the campus visit program, and office operations. Major responsibilities include the development, design, and implementation of strategic recruitment efforts to support the College’s goals for new students.
The Director of Admissions is responsible for admission policy, supervision of applications processing, and leveraging customer relationship management (CRM) strategies.
The Director of Admissions is a key member of the Enrollment Management and Services staff, which includes the Student Financial Aid Director, the Registrar, and other team members as assigned by the President.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to the successful accomplishment of the College’s enrollment objectives by developing and implementing a comprehensive student recruitment plan for undergraduate students which includes, but is not limited to, the following components: development of an inquiry pool through the use of student search services, outreach (college fairs and high school visits), use of the web and emerging technologies, digital marketing, communication strategies, effective use of CRM technologies, campus visit programs, publications, and correspondence.
- Provides leadership, management, and support for the recruitment efforts of the Office of Admissions and develops a competent, productive, and effective staff by hiring and supervising, directly and through delegation, the administrative, professional, student and clerical support personnel in the Office of Admissions.
- Participates on campus committees regarding undergraduate recruitment and coordinates effectively with academic and administrative members across campus (including deans, department heads, and others) to achieve enrollment goals.
- Plans on campus admissions events for prospective students and parents.
- Responsible for the oversight and staffing of the College’s summer programs for high school students.
- Uses Social Media to assist in recruitment and marketing efforts.
- Effectively administers the College’s prospective and admitted student software systems and databases by developing a working knowledge of those systems, assessing the systems support needs of the Admissions Office, and other offices on campus to ensure that the integrity of the systems and data are maintained and that the systems are utilized productively in support of admission and recruitment functions.
- Develops data-driven recruitment strategies by effectively utilizing data from a variety of sources to evaluate student characteristics and trends, as well as the College’s market position and competition.
- Effectively utilizes College resources in accomplishing enrollment objectives by planning, developing, and controlling the department budget.
- Ensures the efficient processing of admission applications by developing and administering policies, procedures, and systems that provide quality admission services for prospective students.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses and conferences, and attending training and/or courses as required by the President.
- Contributes to the overall success of Admissions and Enrollment Management by advising and assisting the President in all aspects relating to the recruitment and admission of students and by performing all other essential duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of marketing and advertising preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in a college admissions office is required. Two years as either assistant director, associate director, or director level, is preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, Populi, ActiveCampaign, Calendly, Zapier, and others, preferred.
- A record of successful outcomes in the development and achievement of enrollment goals is required. Experience in hiring, supervising, management decision-making, and team development.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required. Evidence of the ability to work successfully with college and college administrators and high school personnel are required.
- The ability to understand complex student information systems and to use those systems effectively in a management capacity are required.
- Budget management skills, the ability to analyze and interpret statistics and data, are required.
- The ability to perform work with various computer applications, such as an application for admission or customer relationship manager (CRM), is required.
- The ability to foster a supportive, open, and collaborative working environment within the Office of Admissions is required.
- The ability to occasionally lift 50Lbs. is required.
- Competitive salary
- Generous healthcare stipend
- Generous Holiday Schedule
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter, and three references via e-mail to Paul Jackson, Executive Vice President, email@example.com. Please, place “Director of Admissions application” in the subject line of the e-mail. Position will be posted until filled.