**Alumnus looking to hire Christendom Students / Alumni**
Under the general leadership of the Associate Broker Team Leader, the Healthcare Marketing Assistant Intern will learn all aspects of the Wholesale Commercial Lines business and will assist in the daily work functions.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Learn the process of new and renewal P&C business in order to grow revenues and maintain retention and profitability.
- Learn the process of creating, developing and maintaining relationships with clients, brokers, agents and carriers.
- Gain understanding of how to properly correspond with Brokers, Carriers, general agents and clients via phone, mail and email to respond to escalated or complex quote and claim inquiries, investigate and resolve issues, and follow up on outstanding items.
- Time management—the individual prioritizes and uses time efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to learn new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum education required High School Diploma or GED.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Exceptional telephone demeanor
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Working towards an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in an insurance or accounting related discipline
Physical Requirements Necessary on a Regular Basis:
- Manual dexterity, arm and upper body range of motion sufficient for use of a keyboard, mouse and telephone 7-8 hours per day.
- Speech and hearing sufficient for in-person and telephone communication 7-8 hours per day.
- Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor.
- Ability to sit or stand at a desk 7-8 hours per day.
This job description is not meant to be an all inclusive statement of the duties of the position listed above. Other appropriate duties may be required from time to time.
If interested in this paid internship, please reach out to:
Vice President – Sales and Marketing