**Fr. Donald Planty J.C.D., former chaplain at Christendom, is looking to hire Alumni**
About the Employer:
St. Charles Borromeo, in the heart of Arlington County, Virginia, is the most urban and youthful parish in the Diocese of Arlington, with 6,000 faithful. We are committed to the missionary discipleship of the New Evangelization through comprehensive formation in the faith, through a rich liturgical and prayer life, and through fellowship in charity.
The Director of Evangelization & Adult Faith Formation, under the leadership of the Pastor, oversees the parish’s three-fold implementation of the New Evangelization: the continuing formation of the adult faithful as intentional disciples; outreach to non-practicing Catholics; and, the evangelization of those who do not know Christ. He/she ensures that all parish apostolates are done in a missionary key, fostering an encounter with Christ through the Church.
Responsibilities for Evangelization and for Adult Faith Formation:
- Coordinates implementation of the New Evangelization
- Forms adult parishioners to be missionary disciples
- Manages adult faith formation programs including RCIA, Thomistic Institute, Bible studies, etc.
- Provides opportunities for formation geared especially to young adults
- Supports large and small fellowship groups
- Assists marriage and baptism preparation, and religious education parent formation
- Manages Campus Ministry at George Mason University Arlington Campus
- Coordinates outreach to non-practicing Catholics
- Implements initiatives aimed at primary evangelization
- Fosters pastoral work in a missionary key among all parish apostolates
- Plans, budgets for and evaluates evangelization agents and programs
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in evangelization including in the formation of intentional disciples
- Zeal for personal holiness and for the mission of the Church, including faithfulness to the Church’s Magisterium
- Knowledge of Church teaching
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Conversational Spanish desired
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org