**Station Seeking Christendom Alumni**
Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (some evenings and weekends will be required)
This position will operate from our Omaha office located at 13326 A St.
Responsible for awareness initiatives of the Spirit Catholic Radio Network (SCRN) across the state of Nebraska and Iowa with Catholic schools, parishes, and apostolates/ministries.
Methods to facilitate this relationship include:
Coordinating a presence at relevant area events and the recruiting and training of volunteers for the events; providing leadership for the internal committee which reviews all events across the state and assigns and coordinates resources for approved events; collaborating with Marketing, Development, and Underwriting in communication and promotion opportunities.
This staff member must have regular communication with parishes, schools, and apostolates/ministries concerning the mission of SCRN as well as effectively explaining the resources that are available for their use; and managing the relationship with volunteers by hosting meetings, listening to their ideas and assigning work. You will also be responsible for the execution of outreach events and events targeted to the larger listening audience such as semi-annual Care-a-thons, mid-year and year-end appeals, dinners, sticker stops, open houses, distribution of materials and having a presence at area conferences. Other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Marketing Director
SUPERVISES: Volunteer staff
COLLABORATES WITH: Marketing, development, underwriting, community engagement team, and on-air staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages communication and marketing materials for internal and external events as well as builds a relationship with Catholic organizations in the listening area.
- Recruits and coordinates all volunteer activities and provides volunteers with formal and informal training, encouragement, and recognition.
- Schedules volunteers to attend SCRN events and takes the role of “active ambassador” of the station at the events. Oversees placement of tents, tables, signage and materials, as well as ensures participants names are collected for prize drawings.
- Assists in looking for ways to bring about awareness of the station and its events; provides a positive image of the network and gains listeners.
- Remains aware of local events, Catholic and secular, and provides information to staff to determine if newsworthy. For example, possible guests on morning show and whether SCRN should have a presence. Prepares pre- and post-event reports and regularly reports event updates to staff.
- Has excellent public speaking skills and the ability to communicate with listeners, donors, and decision makers at Catholic organizations. May be asked to serve as an emcee at events and to introduce special guests at speaking engagements.
- Serves as the liaison for the station with pastors, principals and executive directors of area apostolates and ministries.
- Coordinates activities frequently with other Community Engagement team members.
- May assist with the coordination of station gatherings and special events: mailer stuffing, making outbound phone calls, taking inventory of marketing materials, and maintaining spreadsheets for tracking key Community Engagement efforts
- Ensures parish kiosks are placed in churches and remain filled with supplies; program guides, etc.
- Schedules Eucharistic Miracles, Marian Apparitions and Shroud of Turin displays and notifies appropriate SCRN personnel for promotion.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends. Travel expected on occasion for visits to parishes and schools and attendance at events using a station vehicle. Must have good driving record.
- Must have a professional appearance with the ability to project a positive and enthusiastic image of the SCR Network.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, working knowledge of Publisher, Raiser’s Edge are a plus.
- Practicing Roman Catholic with a deep love for the Catholic faith and faithful to the Magisterial teaching of the Church who can assist with the mission of the station.
- Ideal candidate has 3-5 years experience in public relations, marketing or development.
- Experience working within a faith-based organization is a plus.
- They must have outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written.
- An ability to effectively relate to listeners, donors and clergy.
- The candidate must be professional in appearance.
- Highly organized and detail oriented and able to work well independently, as well as in a team environment and be able to take direction from management.
- Must be able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines. Knowledge of programming on the network is a must.
- Strong project management and supervisory skills are essential.
This is a full-time position. Annual salary depends on experience. Excellent benefits including Medical and Dental, retirement plan, paid vacation, holidays and sick leave. Also provide Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long-term Disability and Life Insurance at no cost.
Send resume and letter of interest with resume, salary requirements and three job related references to:
Spirit Catholic Radio
13326 A Street
Omaha, Nebraska 68144
Or visit www.spiritcatholicradio.com/careers and click the “Apply Now” button.
Failure to send letter of interest and resume, salary requirements (range is ok but will not accept “negotiable”) or references will result in your application being overlooked. All information provided will be held in the strictest confidence.
All résumés and general inquiries will be retained for a maximum of one year. Only qualified applicants will receive an interview due to the high volume of applications expected.