**Office seeking Christendom Alumni**
Full-time Administrative Assistant, March for Life Education & Defense Fund
The March for Life Education and Defense Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that coordinates the world’s largest annual pro-life event and civil protest. Through the annual March in Washington, DC, marches in state capitals across the country, and through being the collective voice of Pro-Life marchers, on Capitol Hill, in the Media, and on social media every day of the year, the organization is uniquely positioned to build a culture of life. The organization is currently seeking to hire an Administrative Assistant. This full-time in-person position has benefits and will report to the Director of Operations.
As Administrative Assistant, you will work alongside the Director of Operations to provide functional support to accounting, development, administration, and event planning. Your primary responsibilities in order of importance are to manage bookkeeping, acknowledgments, and office communications. This role plays an essential part in the day-to-day operations of the March for Life and serves as the first point of contact with the public.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage office phone, calendar, and administrative email communciations for both March for Life Education and Defense Fund and March for Life Action.
- Assist with regular bookkeeping for March for Life Education and Defense Fund and March for Life Action: process invoices and payments, record deposits, monitor staff timecards, and assist the bookkeeper.
- Provide support to the Director of Operations, bookkeeper and accountant for budget development and the annual audit.
- Manage the intake and processing of all donations including checks, direct mail gifts through our direct mail caging company, online donation forms, and additional modes of giving.
- Maintain data integrity of all donations and donor records in our database, Salesforce, updating and cleaning data as required and requested. This duty is assisted by a data intern.
- Prepare and send timely acknowledgments for all donations and events of March for Life Education and Defense Fund and March for Life Action.
- Receive and process all office mail; manage outgoing mail as needed.
- Order office supplies.
- Keep the office space, particularly common spaces, and administrative files organized and tidy.
- Provide assistance with organization events (ordering catering, etc) including but not limited to Board meetings, strategic retreats, other special meeting.
January March for Life:
- Act as the point of contact for speakers, pro-life leaders, and schools leading the March for Life in all communications, collaborating with appropriate support persons, and ensuring day-of preparations are in place for smooth facilitation of their experience.
- Design and lead the execution of the March for Life Expo Booth including the booth design and setup; merchandise design, purchasing, and organizing; and volunteer coordination and training.
- Assist the Director of Operations in other tasks as assigned.
- 1-5 years of administrative experience, preferably in accounting, finance or administration.
- Organized and detail-oriented nature.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accurate, precise, and orderly data management skills.
- Excellent follow through.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Experience with Salesforce, QuickBooks Online, and Bill.com is strongly preferred.
- General affinity for and experience with administrative duties.
- Passion for building a culture of life.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for (2) references to MargaretYoungblood@marchforlife.org