**School seeking to Hire Christendom Alumni**
The Director of Communications strategically plans and coordinates the communication of events, news, and initiatives among the people of the Diocese of Lincoln. The Director of Communications coordinates the external and internal communications of the Diocese through print, digital and social media, podcasts, web, press, and tv/radio. This position works with Diocesan directors in proper communication efforts, ensuring that the public and key stakeholders are aware of necessary information. Salary commensurate with experience.
This position is an extension of the Bishop’s Ministry. The incumbent must have a willingness and ability to support the Mission of the Universal and Local Roman Catholic Church.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and coordinates communication within the institutions and amongst the people of the Diocese of Lincoln.
- Implements a strategic plan for clear and concise delivery of communication regarding events, news, and initiatives of the Diocese of Lincoln.
- Collaborates with Diocesan directors for proper and effective communication efforts.
- Ensures that priests, religious, school administrators, teachers and diocesan and parish staff are informed of necessary information.
- Supervises and assists the Southern Nebraska Register, Digital Media Coordinator and Diocesan Webmaster.
- Creates press releases and statements to the Catholic and secular press.
- Serves as a spokesperson for the Diocese and facilitates media interviews with the proper institution, office, or employee.
- Receives all media inquiries for the Diocese and Bishop.
- Executes communication channels of digital and social media accounts and all web platforms for the Diocese and Bishop.
- Develops positive and collaborative relationships with traditional media outlets, publishes material therein, and pitches stories to journalists.
- Facilitates the growth and unity of the Diocese by messaging initiatives and evangelization through digital, web, television/radio, print and social media.
- Attendance at the annual Catholic Media Conference hosted by the Catholic Media Association, or seek another form of professional development annually.
- Contributes public relations viewpoints and media perceptions to help in formulating organizational decisions.
- Provides public relations and crisis management counsel to the Bishop, Chancery staff, priests, parishes and schools
- Maximizes publicity for special events, programs and major announcements from diocesan offices.
Maintain a current level of knowledge and skills required to effectively serve in this position. This is accomplished by attending workshops or classes, networking with colleagues, and through current professional literature.
This position supervises Southern Nebraska Register staff and any other print or digital communications staff if warranted.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or equivalent experience
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office and word processing programs.
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is a plus.
- Understanding of the Catholic faith and terms and principles associated with the faith
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with digital media including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and web pages
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize assignments in order of high to low importance
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Annual Safe Environment training
- Ability to work with personnel with all levels of expertise
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or related field
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel objects with tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The environment is a traditional office setting with individual work spaces. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moderate noise levels in the work environment. Some travel is expected. Occasional weekend and evening work may be required.