Coeur d’Alene, ID
**School seeking to Hire Christendom Alumni**
Join us in the beautiful resort town of Coeur d’Alene!
Coeur du Christ Academy, a coeducational classical academy in the Catholic tradition, is seeking a Headmaster to join the Founding Board for its inaugural year beginning in the Fall of 2022. The Headmaster’s mission is to establish an environment in which students achieve high standards of academic excellence, character formation, and apostolic initiative that are built upon a foundation of a deep and personal love for Christ and His Church.
Quality leadership skills are essential to the role of the Headmaster. One of Coeur du Christ Academy’s core values is Servant Leadership, a leadership philosophy in which the goal of the leader is to serve and, in turn, inspire staff and students to follow the servant-leader’s example. The Founding Board desires to hire an individual who appreciates this model of leadership.
The articulated responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establishing a culture of charity and academic excellence
- Developing a team of faculty committed to the integral formation of the students
- Implementing a comprehensive curriculum committed to the highest academic standards
- Effectively utilizing written and oral communications skills
- Exemplifying sound and thoughtful decision-making skills
- Engaging in self-development and initiative
- Anticipating problems and facilitating effective conflict management
- Demonstrating high ethical and professional behavior
- Supporting the role and decisions of the Board, collaborating with Board on critical operational decisions
- Facilitating staff and faculty development and leadership
- Assisting families in understanding and identifying with the mission of Coeur du Christ Academy
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Academy
- Maintaining consistent discipline within the Academy
- Teaching seminar courses as needed
Highly qualified Applicants should demonstrate:
- a proven ability to inspire and form students,
- a desire to build a strong academy culture,
- a familiarity with liberal arts education, and
- a zeal for the Catholic faith.
Applicants should also:
- Be Roman Catholic.
- Pledge fidelity to the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, particularly in the classical Liberal Arts tradition.
- Commit to assisting with select extracurricular activities such as clubs, sports, pilgrimages, etc.
- Be able to complete Safe Environment training and successfully complete background check requirements.
- Adhere to the commitment to teach as Christ taught.
Competitive salary, benefits and housing assistance offered starting this upcoming school year in August 2022.
Apply HERE and you will be contacted to submit a resume and cover letter promptly.
At Coeur du Christ, we are committed to forming the next generation of Saints, Scholars and Servant Leaders. Join us in our stunning lake town of Coeur d’Alene, Idaho for our inaugural year!