**Abbey seeking to Hire Christendom Alumni**
Seeking a Cemetery manager for our young and growing Natural Cemetery. Alive with quiet spirituality and aware of the Christian hope that gives meaning to death, the ideal candidate will also have experience in small business management, demonstrate empathy with grieving families, and be willing and physically able to help with groundskeeping and grave digging. This individual collaborates with the Abbot on long-term site planning and financial planning for the Cemetery.
- 3-5 years in a management role.
- Meet with grieving families as well as those planning in advance.
- Coordinate with volunteer team and attend burials.
- Dig small cremation graves.
- Help with mowing and weed-eating.
- Facility with software and technology across modern computing platforms.
- Detail oriented; maintain site plan and financial records in proprietary software.
- Schedule: on-site; Saturdays and business hours on four other weekdays. (No Sunday hours at this time.)
- Willingness to help the monastery wherever need requires and ability permits.
- Proficiency with accounting principles and procedures.
- Familiarity with databases and/or advanced spreadsheets.
About the Employer:
Our Lady of the Holy Cross Abbey is a Catholic monastery of the Cistercian Order, following the Rule of St. Benedict. “[It] is a school of the Lord’s service where Christ is formed in the hearts of the brothers and where in solitude and silence they aspire to that interior quiet in which wisdom is born. By generous hospitality they share with their fellow pilgrims the peace and hope which Christ has freely given.”
In its 11th year, the Natural Cemetery is among Holy Cross Abbey’s primary sources of financial support and part of their goal of sustainable living. It is also part of their hospitality, helping the living prepare for their final destiny, grieving with those who mourn, and welcoming the remains of their dearly departed while praying for all, both the living and the dead.
Send applications or inquiries to: email@example.com